• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

Pretty solid move in the GEFs, as well... 
gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_32.png
Notice the deep solutions are within the spread cluster over the NW arc... That's prooobaby an suggestion that there are more proficiently phased solutions; an N/stream grab favors that region of the cyclone envelope.
There are a couple in the 12th-15th that are absolute nukes

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

3c614a11529dd0fa0c37ed715b3e2c8a.jpg

I won’t lie, today was 32/7.  Close enough to normal (which is 27/4).  But with the full sun it felt oddly March-like.  Walking the dog on the groomed path in town this afternoon, and the high-water content snowpack was starting to glisten a bit.  It was starting to corn up into a thin layer of wet granular, the type of stuff solar radiation does coming into spring.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I won’t lie, today was 32/7.  Close enough to normal (which is 27/4).  But with the full sun it felt oddly March-like.  Walking the dog on the groomed path in town this afternoon, and the high-water content snowpack was starting to glisten a bit.  It was starting to corn up into a thin layer of wet granular, the type of stuff solar radiation does coming into spring.

vibe

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

5 miles to your south, I tread over ice carefully.  Nothing melting with the sun .  Dog literally walks on snow.  He doesnt know what to do, he does his spin to try and clear the snow and doesnt get why it doesnt work because it's so frozen,  (iv;e heard this spin move is is also to look for predators)

It’s going to get warm later this week.  Positive departures here probably average +15 for 3-4 days later this week.

Currently 16F makes me hope we can get down under 10F tonight and near the 4F normal.

It was a record -21F last year.  The dichotomy is not unnoticed.

IMG_8033.gif.c7901df957cd3b77e6fb293993cdb18e.gif
The valley has a weak snowpack but it is QPF-rich.  The mountains in the distance are the Worcester Range. The secondary ridge that forms the eastern Stowe (town) boundary.  Behind us is the Spine and also creates some good vertical relief.

IMG_8036.thumb.jpeg.a53a1b0f0d5d1c2bd30880149bc2e042.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

GEFS focus on the 12th, drier overall

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Plan for dry through mid-month and take any frozen precipitation as an unexpected gift.   Hostile pattern the next 10 days, if we score it's a big bonus.

• Like 1

Deep interior favored on GEFS and EPS with this one.... for now..  Will be a ton of waffling around the next 6 days.. Definitely a thread the needle look with not much cold to be found, 6z gfs shows you how to get it done.  Will need a bomb with the perfect track to get a good event.   Some pretty big timing differences on GEFS and EPS anywhere from Monday to Thursday AM also about 25% of the members are really amped..  

• Like 6