• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19, 2024 Powder Snow Event

20 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 2:00 pm, we're up to 2.5", so 0.4"/hr rate the last 30 min. Snowing moderately, but it looks like this might be our last decent band over the next 30-45 minutes. 3" is possible, but unlikely. Still 29F - temp has barely budged.

With the lighter intensity the last hour or so, the busy county road in front of our house which was treated yesterday has lost most of its snow cover, but the untreated side streets are still all snow covered.

As of 2:30 pm we hit 2.7", but the snow has gone to light intensity since about 2:25 pm, so not sure if we can squeeze out another 0.3" to get to 3".  Still 29F.  

22 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I thought this was a given...

Celebrating a successful January winter with something I found called Neshaminy Creek brewing Company 8.5%

Yeah this better be triple reverse osmosis filtered because Neshaminy Creek is :yikes:

• Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Celebrating a successful January winter with something I found called Neshaminy Creek brewing Company

Yeah this better be triple reverse osmosis filtered because Neshaminy Creek is :yikes:

May surprise you but that sounds about as bad as Delaware River classic Ale.

Holding off a bit on shoveling probably till dark, still some light stuff falling and winds have increased a bit. Noticed snow blowing off neighbors roof and trees...

27F/light snow  

holding.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

May surprise you but that sounds about as bad as Delaware River classic Ale.

Holding off a bit on shoveling probably till dark, still some light stuff falling and winds have increased a bit. Noticed snow blowing off neighbors roof and trees...

27F/light snow  

holding.jpg

No it's a lot worse there is a..human efluent in that there crick that runs by the old homestead in Horsham

Ok I'm drunk

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 2:30 pm we hit 2.7", but the snow has gone to light intensity since about 2:25 pm, so not sure if we can squeeze out another 0.3" to get to 3".  Still 29F.  

As of about 3:15 pm, the snow was definitely over and my final measurement was 2.8", which turns out to not be that far below my 3.3" prediction around noon yesterday, when the forecast was for 3-6", which I never really bought into since the models were generally showing 2-4" for us, so i went well below what was being forecast at that time. Still a bit on the high side relative to what we got, but then again, my guess is that 5-10 miles north of us most are likely under 2", just based on the radar loop.

Very nice, pretty storm and not too much inconvenience for most, I imagine, at least for shoveling, given how light and fluffy it was - was able to use a wide broom for 90% of it. There were definitely some impacts locally with snow covered local streets and even county roads for an hour or two - numerous fender benders reported, but nothing outrageous.

Brings us to 7.2" on the season, which shouldn't be too far below normal, which is likely about 11" at this point in the season.  

• Like 1

Down to SN--  which is a bit more than flurries or snizzle but is probably looking sparse due to the fine pixie dust flakes.  Not sure how much that would have contributed to my 4" since the last check, but it looks like the swath of precip on radar is pulling away to the SE.  Will probably do one more measurement before it gets too dark (sun is setting just after 5 pm now).

Currently 27 with dp 26 and a little bit of fog off in the distance.

• Like 1

Finally tapering off to light snow now.. currently at 4.6”. Don’t think we get to 5” but this was an enjoyable storm! Kudos to mt holly, their snow map was pretty bang on from even their first call. Hope this shows people there is more to snow forecasting than reading model clown maps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Hope this shows people there is more to snow forecasting than reading model clown maps.

There will always be those "meteorologists," with their degrees from the University of Social Media, that confuse everybody with their pretty maps from the 18Z GFS at 384 hours.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BBasile said:

There will always be those "meteorologists," with their degrees from the University of Social Media, that confuse everybody with their pretty maps from the 18Z GFS at 384 hours.  

Seriously! Why waste time and money getting a degree in atmospheric sciences when all you need to do is regurgitate model output. :P

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Did a ~5 pm measurement and that back-build after I did the 3 pm one, did net me another 1/4", so for today (at this point), I am up to 4.25".

Am down to snizzle now with temp 27 and dp 25.

Mt. Holly's 3:40 AFD for the city mentioned possible stuff rotating around through the rest of the evening so who knows? Some who are north of the current heaviest bands might cash in on some bonus flakes.

• Like 1