• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: Do we finally win or get Saltburned?

H2O

5 hours ago, stormtracker said:

What a dumb hobby.  Why did we all get cursed with this?   Get this...there are sickos out there who don't care if it snows or not.  They have no concept of weather.  They go about their day and check an app maybe once or twice a week.   And if a storm doesn't come...they are un phased.   What must that be like?  Have yall thought about these people? They are amongst us and they are in way bigger numbers.

Every male in my direct family watches the models and follows storms… I got them in to it and now I feel guilt about 

57 minutes ago, high risk said:

The NAM Nest, HRRR, and FV3 and ARW2 HiRes Windows all joined the "narrow line of snow squalls on the arctic front" party for Sunday morning.    Great signal!     Example from the HRRR:

image.thumb.png.e021fe1ecc8cb03bb3fc8b08e545c3bb.png

Who had 'squall line as the top snow event for the week'? Wasn't on my bingo card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Might be established tonight. 

Yeah I mean unlike some other fails where it goes from snowier to more rain, yet still some higher elevations could see a thump or something...so there's a purpose in keeping it up. But if it's literally nothing but flurries? Ehhh....

If madden Sim games predicted nfl scores I'd be a millionaire.. weather models over 96 hrs out, hell they're never right.. wanna argue? I've got approximately 2 yrs of data to show you while over 96 hrs out. Quit looking at them, be better. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Coastal seems gone. I’m in for that early tongue of precip that deck pic posted

the flatter and weaker the coastal gets, likely the better chance the light overrunning materializes into something palatable.  I'm not saying that's what we want, but for me and you sometimes sloppy seconds do the trick.  When I look back at my snow stats over the last 20 years, I have a lot of 0.5" - 1.25" storms.  That's what this looks like if we can get a 1-2 hour period of moderate snow

• Like 3