Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

16 minutes ago, bearman said:

I am @ 9in in West Knox.  Might get 1 more inch and get to double digits with the snow showers that will move through but I think that will be the limit unless I am missing something.  It was a wild ride.  The Snow is going to be around for a long time.  It is a beautiful snow.  I will try to upload my pics if I can get the file size down small enough.

I screen shot them on my phone and then upload that to freeimage.host and when it's uploaded i click "open image in new tab" and copy that link. 

My home internet is so slow it takes forever to get the fill size file to upload and I've no storage here. 

• Like 1

I just don't get it, even with the heavier bands we get a few minutes of big fat flakes coming down hard then it's as if the heavier bands break up over my area and it transitions back to light drizzle.  Officially throwing the towel in, travel around here is going to be treacherous though with all the water and slush freezing tonight 

2 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

I just don't get it, even with the heavier bands we get a few minutes of big fat flakes coming down hard then it's as if the heavier bands break up over my area and it transitions back to light drizzle.  Officially throwing the towel in, travel around here is going to be treacherous though with all the water and slush freezing tonight 

Fountainguy may have hit on it with his post about the dgz being unusually high over the foothills. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

This ranks to me as one of biggest busts in memory for Greeneville. So frustrating especially when we see all the amazing totals from areas nearby. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t mad. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

This ranks to me as one of biggest busts in memory for Greeneville. So frustrating especially when we see all the amazing totals from areas nearby. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t mad. 

I hate it for you guys along the mountains. There was always going to be an edge east, north and south, but I was hoping it would push across state lines and out beyond our forum area. 

I had a painful one a few years ago where the Euro was consistently showing 15 to 30 inches over me as close as 24 hours out and it barely snowed here. I believe you far eastern guys got double digit totals that day. 

• Like 3

Wonder where is she getting that info? I just looked on traffic cams and even though the map legend shows closed, I have seen some cars on those sections of roads.

There’s a bad wreck on 75 at Callahan and another on 640 at East town.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

It’s pouring again but when it slacks up, lots of sleet mix in.

Also I completely forgot about how bright it is at night with snow on the ground. It’s like a full moon.

Yeah, I noticed some sleet or ice mixing in when I went outside. I say ice, because rain is probably cold enough to freeze before hitting the ground! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

It’s pouring again but when it slacks up, lots of sleet mix in.

Also I completely forgot about how bright it is at night with snow on the ground. It’s like a full moon.

Really strange that mid layer warm tongue still shooting up the Valley. It's as if an ULL is sitting to our West. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Boone said:

Hopefully, that'll survive up through here. Sounds like Lee side Low at work. 

It's absolutely been pouring for about an hour or more now. When I went out and measured 6.5 inches before dark I swept the powder off my wooden walk/deck. I just measured and it has 2 inches on it since I swept it down to bare wood at about 5:15. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic