• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

Raining again Greeneville. We had roughly an inch. That should just about do it. Just not enough time for there to be any serious accumulation. Congrats to all who hit it big with this one. It's criminal what the warm nose did to the upper valley. Hopefully we get a 4-6'' snow before the season is over. 

2 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

Did you see the freaking video on twitter of a dude being pulled on a car hood behind a truck on I-240 last night in Memphis?  

I did not, but am not surprised in the least.  I hope John posts more shenanigans from the scanner.  People lose their got dang minds when it snows around here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Raining again Greeneville. We had roughly an inch. That should just about do it. Just not enough time for there to be any serious accumulation. Congrats to all who hit it big with this one. It's criminal what the warm nose did to the upper valley. Hopefully we get a 4-6'' snow before the season is over. 

Dude this is far from being over lol

• Like 3

I was just thinking I cannot recall a storm IMBY that has snowed continuously for more than the Blizzard of 93 where I live. Where I live it snowed during the blizzard for about 16 hours. It started snowing here at 8PM roughly last night and if still snowing at 4 PM this will pass the longest duration snowfall for where I live.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dsty2001 said:

Dude this is far from being over lol

I normally would agree but the rain has already washed all the snow away again at my house. We would probably be around 3-4" right now if it had snowed all day. I just do not see us rebounding to hit the MRX 4-6". Hopefully I81 along the northern county has fared better. 

2 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

I normally would agree but the rain has already washed all the snow away again at my house. We would probably be around 3-4" right now if it had snowed all day. I just do not see us rebounding to hit the MRX 4-6". Hopefully I81 along the northern county has fared better. 

We've still got many hours left, once the heavier bands make this way and sun angle goes down, it should accumulate quickly.  Also what part of G Vegas you in?  Got about 2-3 inches still here

1 minute ago, Dsty2001 said:

We've still got many hours left, once the heavier bands make this way and sun angle goes down, it should accumulate quickly.  Also what part of G Vegas you in?  Got about 2-3 inches still here

You've done better than I have. I'm near Tusculum. Had roughly an inch of mush until this rain started again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stovepipe said:

There we go, I'm glad you got pasted, thanks for the pic!

Thanks buddy! The Nam and all the short range models absolutely crushed the globals with this system for my area. Euro the night before was barely giving me a half an inch. The nam run after run was showing 4-6 inches and I’m going to end up with 6-7. Not sure why the globals struggled while the short range models did so good. The last hour the snow has been the heaviest it’s been since it started around 7pm last night. 

• Like 3

Biggest flakes I’ve seen so far.

Also… we are about to lose the sun angle while the best precipitation moves in. I’m not good at judging “rates” but I imagine what I’m getting has to be close to 1” an hour. Flakes are massive

• Like 2

Also… we are about to lose the sun angle while the best precipitation moves in. I’m not good at judging “rates” but I imagine what I’m getting has to be close to 1” an hour. Flakes are massive

Can we expect that to move into the Tri Cities?

10 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

You've done better than I have. I'm near Tusculum. Had roughly an inch of mush until this rain started again. 

We're fairly close to the airport, wild how just a couple miles north to south make a difference with this system.  I still feel confident we will end up doing well, but this system has kind of baffled me at the same time 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Yeah, man, you all are under that storm prediction center disco from 3:00-5:00 for 1" rates.  Have fun.

• Like 2

If you are not fighting temp issues, all of this moving up the valley is headed for upper ETn. It’s basically running parallel to the apps.

I live right where I26 and I81 cross. We went to a sleet for about an hour but it’s picking up now. Temp is 33 DP is 33 as well

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic