• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

Not sure if MRX turned the sensitivity up on the radar or what but picking up returns on the plateau is very encouraging.

20baa6c9613376965faa0275aa89b914.png

I think you are right. Something is different, I generally don't use MRX radar for snow from the Southwest, and generally flip over Hytop. Radar scope defaults to MRX though when launching the app and I can see snow returns southwest of me from the Morristown radar. Usually Morristown doesn't even really show stuff over me. That's awesome, whatever they did.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

It's legitimately insane to me that tomorrow afternoon, nearly the whole state is still covered in snow on radar. It has been a long time since we have had a long duration event. 

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_15.png

Its very rare to snow across all of us

• Like 5

Just now, jaxjagman said:

Its very rare to snow across all of us

Yeah, this storm could prove to be truly historic. A long duration, state wide mauler of a snow storm. Factor in the artic air and the fact that things will be shut down a few days...this one will be remembered. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Silas Lang said:

Yeah, this storm could prove to be truly historic. A long duration, state wide mauler of a snow storm. Factor in the artic air and the fact that things will be shut down a few days...this one will be remembered. 

Yep, seems like an historic 20 year storm for sure.

Edit: Watch me end up with 2 inches lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

It's legitimately insane to me that tomorrow afternoon, nearly the whole state is still covered in snow on radar. It has been a long time since we have had a long duration event. 

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_15.png

Not sure if anyone posted...2 hrs ago from SPC...show has really got rolling yet. 

Screenshot_20240114_200117_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

You can see on the NAM it’s picking up on the colder thermals in SE Tennessee and along the foothills. The NW precipitation line hasn’t really changed much from 00z Sunday but obviously there’s been a nice SE adjustment.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Got pissed off they started charging to watch the playoffs,so i joined the boycott to not watch,plus the Jaguars melt down was easier for me  to do this:D

And they claimed on the game a bit ago it was a record for streaming the game last night.  Well I was not one of them streaming it.  I will not pay peacock to watch.  Greed in college & NFL is ruining a great sport. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic