• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential extensive winter event, I-95 west and with again a chance for NYC first inch(es) of snow Mon or more likely Tue Jan 16, 2024 (serves as OBS thread as well)

wdrag

3 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

One thing no one has mentioned: Its gonna be COLD tomorrow night and probably will struggle to get above freezing Monday. It should help with the "it wont stick during the day" concerns. 

Seriously

People think it's late February with the sun angle issues.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

The mean is highest for LI and Southeast Mass 

1-3” will still be a really nice event compared to what we’ve had and that’s what the ensemble means show but it seems that if it gets more amped and therefore stronger, it will introduce more warm air. Hopefully I’m wrong but that’s what the setup seems to favor. I’m totally fine with the 1-3” and hopefully it works out with cold air coming in behind it, and something stronger can set up for 1/20 before we switch to mild again. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

The GFS is just not developing precip well with the jet NW of the low like the CMC/RGEM/NAM are doing. 

Its also still weaker compared to the other solutions. I think the ceiling here is a 2-4 event given the progressive nature and also this not being a strong storm. Right now I would play it conservation though and say 1-2 is more likely and it still could be 1 or less. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

We just got a foot in Dutchess county last weekend. I'll take the 2-4 or whatever it is. 

Sorry, I am greedy. At the very least I would have liked out snowpack to have remained for several days and add more to it. We have been waiting for colder weather all season and now its here and we get suppression or strung out storms. SMH.

• Like 2