Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Just a slightly deeper dig, and this has nuke potential

You aren’t kidding. It’s a slight amplitide Away from capturing the developing coastal. It’s trapped from climbing past our latitude by the flow. If it can get captured by the energy at the tail of the trough….boom

• Like 9

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

You aren’t kidding. It’s a slight amplitide Away from capturing the developing coastal. It’s trapped from climbing past our latitude by the flow. If it can get captured by the energy at the tail of the trough….boom

kaboom-penguins.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s not 12z but it’s good enough to keep my interest. 

12z had a much stronger s/w crashing into the PAC NW...not sure where it came from but the orientation and the strength was instrumental i think in it digging

gfs_z500_vort_us_20.png

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

Its going to be a better run, BUT it's all relative.  Won't get to where we want, but there is increase in aerial coverage of precip where there is some in the south where there was none before.  Snow on our doorstep at 129hr

none of the other panels are past day 4, but for some reason the h5 updated out to day 5.5 on wxbell.  I can tell its better but not like that 12z GFS run...but its a significant difference from the 12z euro.  Much closer to something big but the SW looks like it needed to be slightly more amplified to get it done.  But huge move in the right direction from 12z IMO. 

• Like 7

Just now, stormtracker said:

Definitely a wetter run so far...like I said, nothing to jump for joy over, but it's a definite improvement

Except this one is still way out there considering how volatile it is...this is a NS dominant event not a STJ wave that is likely to be resolved at longer leads.  The general pattern is pretty darn good for this one, all the parts are there we just need that SW to be a little more amplified and come in a bit further south and both those trends were evident on this run.  I just want to be in the game at this stage.  This definitely keeps me invested. 

• Like 7

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic