• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

48 minutes ago, Stebo said:

That being said I think SEMI gained a bit tonight on the models but its is incredibly tenuous and could easily go back the other direction. I would love to be in SW MI for this, they look to get absolutely bonecrushed.

If I see the track east of here/Jackson I'll feel better about that. 

The saving grace here with the further west track is that the lake effect gets going quicker.

2 minutes ago, mimillman said:

The GEM is further south with its track which allows temps aloft to become much for favorable for LOT including immediate metro. QPF is lower but progged snow totals are higher. Verbatim even downtown would achieve warning criteria snows.

Not to mention the track is more favorable for lake enhancement.

Lake enhancement gets cranking for MKE.  Could see that for a bit early Saturday 

9 minutes ago, Radtechwxman said:

Gfs is remarkably consistent compared to the other models

I'm ready for another "Morch", give me dandelions in early to mid March. Over winter already :lol:

Overnight Thursday temps will rise to near 40, then below zero 3 days later with bare ground.

• Haha 2

No two storms the same, but the short range meso models (ARW, NSSL, etc) were way too far northwest with the last system at this stage.

Current 0z runs of both, for this upcoming storm, have the slp in and near LAF at 48 hours (971mb ARW, 974mb NSSL).

Probably meaningless, alas...I'm grasping at straws. Just want a little snow cover before the arctic hounds visit.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

No two storms the same, but the short range meso models (ARW, NSSL, etc) were way too far northwest with the last system at this stage.

Current 0z runs of both, for this upcoming storm, have the slp in and near LAF at 48 hours (971mb ARW, 974mb NSSL).

Probably meaningless, alas...I'm grasping at straws. Just want a little snow cover before the arctic hounds visit.

Good seeing you! Hope all has been well! 

Time for me to raise the shields to keep this thing se of Ft. Wayne and Jackson! Time for that crap nw of there to end! Keep the mixed/rain crap east of here! 

• Like 1

Ride the GFS/Euro blend. GEM has been consistently a bit southeast of that since the GFS locked in similar to the Euro/EPS. UKMET has also been consistent with the SLP track for this the last several cycles.

Feeling pretty decent away from the lake in the metro as things stand now, and hopefully things work out cold enough to help near the lake. Will be doing the forecast for the storm again tomorrow, and possibly tomorrow night too, as there's a chance I double back and work a midnight shift so we have 3 people there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

It’s been trending more favorable, if ever so slightly. On the flip side, betting on a marginal set-up is risky. I think you’ll exit with a solid cover at worst (~3”), but have above 50/50 shot of warning level.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Good seeing you! Hope all has been well! 

Time for me to raise the shields to keep this thing se of Ft. Wayne and Jackson! Time for that crap nw of there to end! Keep the mixed/rain crap east of here! 

You too Harry. All good here. 

And yeah, need to keep this east. 0z Ukie has a great track, good thermals, but is a bit stingy with the snowfall considering the former ingredients. 

The thing to worry about here is that tomorrow night's wave performs best off to the northwest, and then the main wave of precip sort of just grazes us later Friday after a long lull with drizzle/very light snow.  If we can do well enough with the first wave then being grazed by the main one wouldn't be so bad.  Hopefully the globals are correct in showing more of widespread distribution of heavier snowfall.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KeenerWx said:

It’s been trending more favorable, if ever so slightly. On the flip side, betting on a marginal set-up is risky. I think you’ll exit with a solid cover at worst (~3”), but have above 50/50 shot of warning level.

Hate being on the fringes. Knew I wasn't going to be in the main snow swath couple of days ago, but just hoping for some scraps at the tail end. Like, cover the grass tips. I have serious doubts that'll happen, based on prior experience with these marginal pieces of crap. But, one can always hope.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Hate being on the fringes. Knew I wasn't going to be in the main snow swath couple of days ago, but just hoping for some scraps at the tail end. Like, cover the grass tips. I have serious doubts that'll happen, based on prior experience with these marginal pieces of crap. But, one can always hope.

Wish I could add better insight but there has been not much to follow since the model upgrades other then the last system and I am not betting anything on one system. Just hope that is the case with this. 

I just know with past experiences that with a nino the trend tended to be se close in vs Nina and the nw trend. 

And with this type of system I want the slp at least 100 or more miles to my south and east. Just not east of Toledo/Detroit.. But that's me of course. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I just know with past experiences that with a nino the trend tended to be se close in vs Nina and the nw trend. 

And with this type of system I want the slp at least 100 or more miles to my south and east. Just not east of Toledo/Detroit.. But that's me of course. :D

You and I both. There’s such a wide range of possibilities with this it’s ridiculous. GFS has been very consistent with this system, but wouldn’t mind a bump southeast. 

HRRR and other short range guidance giving us another cold Eurythmics special. 

19 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

You and I both. There’s such a wide range of possibilities with this it’s ridiculous. GFS has been very consistent with this system, but wouldn’t mind a bump southeast. 

HRRR and other short range guidance giving us another cold Eurythmics special. 

It has but was as well with last system which as we know ended up a bit se of gfs track.. That's our hope anyways. Shouldn't be worrying about to far NW with a damn Nino as is... Ugh. Climate change for you..