• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

36 minutes ago, nj08822 said:

They should put up Winter Storm Warnings for Lehigh and Northampton Counties.  Well over half a foot up near Nazareth and still pounding.

Crazy, how things can be so different over just a mile or so. I'm just Northwest in Bushkill Township. Have had rain since about 7:45. Lucky if we have 4 inches. I can still see my septic lid in the back yard. It's about 5 inches off ground level. Just about 32F here. Snow is sliding off the hood of the cars. 

• Like 1

32ºF
Breezy at times
Rain/Sleet/Freezing Rain

We got about 5.75" of snow here in my area of Eastern PA before the change over. I went for a walk when it was snowing like hell about an hour ago, and by the time I got back, it was a mix of sleet, rain and freezing rain (you can see/feel a thin layer of ice on some of the branches). And it was right around that time that Mt. Holly decided to upgrade us to a Winter Storm Warning for snow rates of 1-3.5" an hour... now that it's raining/freezing raining/sleeting.

Stay on that ball, Mt. Holly :lol:

54 minutes ago, SP said:

Evening all. It’s 28F at 2100ft near the big boulder ski area. The pellet stove once again proving to be the BEST heating option in the elevation….from an efficiency and maintenance standpoint.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_0302.jpg

Nice. We've been enjoying a woodstove for the last year or so. Loving it. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Light Rain 35f humidity 95% dewpoint 34 Snowfall today 0.26" Sleet today 0.04" Rain today 1.08" Highest Wind Gust ENE 27 mph.

On to the next one! Had 0.20" of snow and 0.10" of sleet, which puts the seasonal total here at 1.30". Almost 50% more than last season already, lol. It was real nice though seeing it snow for about 3 hours, felt like winter!

Congrats to all the inch plus club folks!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

On to the next one! Had 0.20" of snow and 0.10" of sleet, which puts the seasonal total here at 1.30". Almost 50% more than last season already, lol. It was real nice though seeing it snow for about 3 hours, felt like winter!

Congrats to all the inch plus club folks!

Tuesday Wednesday looks quite impactful 3-4" of rain and winds gusting to 50+ maybe wow.  Throw that up north over 10" of snow its a problem. 

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Been a couple of years since I've seen one as well. A snowplow!

Edit - ninja'd lol

Outside lights on w/ some snow on the ground so I feel this event is somewhat a accomplishment...as pathetic it may be but I'll cross off my list.

34F/Cold rain

43 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Being sarcastic...I haven't seen one of those thing-a-ma-jiggers in years.

34F/Ice cold rain

Yeah, I thought those things disappeared with the phone booth.

HRRR still suggesting a snow shower swings through tomorrow am. Snow? Two days in a row?? :blink:

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Outside lights on w/ some snow on the ground so I feel this event is somewhat a accomplishment...as pathetic it may be but I'll cross off my list.

34F/Cold rain

Congratulations! I get it. Mine are staying up as long as they need to, lol. Probably not past the end of March tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Tuesday Wednesday looks quite impactful 3-4" of rain and winds gusting to 50+ maybe wow.  Throw that up north over 10" of snow its a problem. 

Yeah and if it's that windy probably some trees down and power outages with the soft ground. 

52 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Yeah, I thought those things disappeared with the phone booth.

HRRR still suggesting a snow shower swings through tomorrow am. Snow? Two days in a row?? :blink:

Yep, fancy guy on the television console in his 70s attire mentioned snow swinging through tomorrow morning... 

34F/Cloudy