• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2024

3 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

GFS looks like it might be too amped/warm, let's see where it goes. 

The ICON looked better but only goes to 180. 

GFS looks a mess to be honest. No cold air around and the timing of the system keeps moving up

prateptype_cat-imp.conus (3).png

4 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

GFS looks a mess to be honest. No cold air around and the timing of the system keeps moving up

prateptype_cat-imp.conus (3).png

GFS has the right idea with the cold rain. Until I see it show a snowstorm within current range (< 200 hours) for more than 1 run, it is safe to assume it is right with this look. Snow really seems to be getting more difficult to produce south of DC now days and even they struggle. 

1 minute ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

GFS has the right idea with the cold rain. Until I see it show a snowstorm within current range (< 200 hours) for more than 1 run, it is safe to assume it is right with this look. Snow really seems to be getting more difficult to produce south of DC now days and even they struggle. 

It's not even a cold rain TBH lol

sfct-imp.us_ma (4).png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

Hopefully that was a fluke run. Good thing is, the Euro and now CMC are colder than the GFS.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

The CMC also waffles hundreds of miles north this run with the moisture and was less cold than previous runs. 

Knew a run like that would happen eventually.  There's been plenty of members like that in the ensemble the whole time. We've been slow and steady losing the PNA on modeling for a while now, that's critical for our cold air delivery. Is what it is unfortunately. This multi year trend of the pacific always screwing us is just unrelenting. I just don't see a way out of it, and next year's La Niña will only serve to keep that pattern rolling. Math says climo favored areas luck into something eventually, and who knows maybe this is still the one, but extended winter weather appears a thing of the past until something can break this pacific regime we've found ourselves in.

• Sad 1

The NAO forecast has completely lost the blocking we were counting on. 50/50 low for cold air source? Gone. I mean the rug has been pulled for those who were still holding out hope. Maybe the PD storm times it well enough for a little CAD mix in favored areas but the pattern change isn’t so much a change as a 3-4 day transient shot before we return to pac dominated continental air. All ensembles are warming and those weeklies that were so locked into this time period are showing their true value: nothing. It’s spring time, get out and enjoy the 75 degrees today. If it wasn’t overcast we’d be smashing records area wide today, that’s the only part of this forecast that’s held true through the period

• Like 1