• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

1 hour ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Looks to be around 2-3” thus far and into heavier returns before this event starts to draw to a close this afternoon. Very good storm for setting the wintry mood while this cold stays around 

22° w/ lgt snow 

2.4" otg 

Nice wintry day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

2”. Then a heavy .1 or so of freezing rain after fluffy cold snow. What a weird storm.

2.5” here. The low got going too late to throw back additional moisture. The radar this afternoon almost looked like we got dry slotted. Mostly all snow up this way. Currently 23/12

edit: dropped off to 19/9 in the last hour. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BxEngine said:

2”. Then a heavy .1 or so of freezing rain after fluffy cold snow. What a weird storm.

Agreed, a strange sequence. I shoveled the inch or so of accumulation and treated the stairs and walk. Some other folks may have figured that our usual warming would do the job for them. The consistent 20’s and light rain with a very brief after period of larger flake snow dictated otherwise. Below are photos of my row house steps a few hours after shoveling and treatment. The evergreen shows further evidence, with sagging branch ice accretion. I hope the next event is purer as to whatever type of precipitation occurs. Stay well, as always.

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

IMG_0274.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Uptons forecasted low is 15 here, I'm ar 13 now and KMGJ is already down to 10. How low can we go...

We were dropping 2 degrees an hour earlier but have stalled with some clouds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Yeah I saw that but my confidence level is kind of low at this point. It would be nice if this week's snow was still on the ground and gets some more added to it before the end of the week wetness.

I wouldn't mind a January like 2009 had.

No major snow events but the entire month was cold, with minor 1-2 inch events once or twice a week the entire month and so cold that the snow cover lasted for most of the month too.

12 minutes ago, Hitman said:

27f with exceedingly light snow falling.  I’d love a real snowstorm as much as anyone, but have to be thankfull for what we got.  Solid albeit shallow snow cover for a week.  Look and feel of winter.  Should last until Wednesday.  Beats last season.

Agreed.  Steady light snow up this way for close to two hours now, 23/20 on the home station.

21/16

Snowing at a pretty decent clip, point and click never changed from the 1-3” I’d figured I would always see from this. Given the warmup incoming, probably going into February with around 15-20” for the season to this point. Going to need one heck of a February to meet average (66”) for this season at MSV, that’s for sure  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

21/16

Snowing at a pretty decent clip, point and click never changed from the 1-3” I’d figured I would always see from this. Given the warmup incoming, probably going into February with around 15-20” for the season to this point. Going to need one heck of a February to meet average (66”) for this season at MSV, that’s for sure  

21 here w/lgt snow as well.

0.5” otg

we have 18” ytd going into today. I would say we are about 75% of normal so far for the season. Won’t take much to get us back on track

20 minutes ago, snywx said:

21 here w/lgt snow as well.

0.5” otg

we have 18” ytd going into today. I would say we are about 75% of normal so far for the season. Won’t take much to get us back on track

I just ran my numbers, I may have missed a very small event for this month, I'll have to check my January 2024 sheet when I get home and I used a half inch estimate for today so far. With all that in mind, I'm at 17.5" for the season right now. Going by the 30 year NWS averages for KMGJ the seasonal average for today is 17.1" and using my own records going back to 2005 my average to date is 17.4" so I'm ever so slightly above normal to date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I just ran my numbers, I may have missed a very small event for this month, I'll have to check my January 2024 sheet when I get home and I used a half inch estimate for today so far. With all that in mind, I'm at 17.5" for the season right now. Going by the 30 year NWS averages for KMGJ the seasonal average for today is 17.1" and using my own records going back to 2005 my average to date is 17.4" so I'm ever so slightly above normal to date.

What is the NWS average for your location? I believe im right around 50" but my 22 yr running average is 54.1"