• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

Wasn't a bad run. I don't think anyone is expecting a huge hit or this to trend into anything too intense with the 15th-16th thing. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the upside is somewhat capped with this one. However, I'm certain many would be OK with a ground whitener followed by BN cold. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Ra**y it gotten too hard.  I would not miss like I did last one pre 2012. And it’s happened too much in last 12 years. Reliable  enso the NAO and AO are not the predictors they once  were. Solid cold air now moves out in a heartbeat. Planetary changes. What I accumulated from 1965 to 2012 does not prevail anymore  Makes me assess  interest 

It's all frustrating, but we gotta hang in there.  I hope this all pays off with a HECS, but I'd be satisfied with SECS.

ETA Rephrase...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That's good stuff! Not your typical pilsner.

Love the name too.

Imma have to try that one. My one and only experience with Flying Dog was Raging Bitch. Way too aggressive flavoring for me and I'm generally a fan of all thing Belgian. But this one was not my cup of tea.  

21 minutes ago, Amped said:

18z GFS gives us a quick dusting day seven.  Seems to be the only events that produce anything along I95 anymore.

This has happened before back in the 80's and 90's snow squalls drops an inch or two and into the icebox and then three days later, we get hammered with a storm from the south as the cold air reloads. I think these extreme cutters blizzards, rain, and wind events will manifest our pattern that we want for snow patience it is coming. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Wasn't a bad run. I don't think anyone is expecting a huge hit or this to trend into anything too intense with the 15th-16th thing. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the upside is somewhat capped with this one. However, I'm certain many would be OK with a ground whitener followed by BN cold. 

My lifelong fascination with the weather and 60 years of observations tell me that Jan. 15 - Mar. 15 will produce. This winter is removed from recent crap. Just please be patient and give it a chance.

• Like 4

Tpv positioning takes big dog out of play if that’s legit, but could def get a light event if you get the right balance of press from the front. It digs too much with the tpv sitting to our N than it’s a rain event, too much and it’s suppressed. Need a proper balance.

Wish I had the $ to head to Midwest for these next few events, ya wanna go Ralph? I’ll buy the drinks

• Haha 2