Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

18 minutes ago, Jebman said:

...taking in long jebwalks and sneaking out at 3am and walking in and wallowing in other people's snowdrifts! It is so much fun and such a THRILL! rolling around in stolen snowdrifts in the middle of the night!

This is so wholesome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

This is so wholesome.

YOU BETCHA! I WUB SNOW so much!

There is something so incredible about walking in and wallowing in other people's snowdrifts! You wait til the middle of the night. Wear light colored pants and a light colored coat and winter hat, then steal out the door and jebwalk to the drift! Brazenly walk in it, savoring the feel of walking in a deep stolen snowdrift, and wallow around in it, getting the beloved snow all over, even all over your head and way the hell down your coat! During the day I'd survey a neighborhood where many snowdrifts were. Later that night I would be in seventh Heaven walking in and often wallowing deep in stolen snowdrifts all over the place, often while unsuspecting snow weenies were fast asleep dreaming of Kocin-Uccellini blizzards lmao. You can BET I got my snow fix alright!

Speakin' of snow, tomorrow Palisades Tahoe is gonna get 19 more inches of pow! And even MORE a few days later! I'd love to go there and show those guys how to dig snow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

It depends. So you can drill down on a specific factor. The expanded pac Hadley cell. The IO and Western Pac warm pool. The warmer Gulf and Atlantic contribution to TNH.  The MC forcing issue. 

But if you pull back they all have a common thread!  

So it's warming. We don't have to dance around it...Now of course, we don't actually know how this winter pans out...so there's no conclusion to be had yet! But IF it doesn't work out we'll know.

Like, can't we all just get to a space where we acknowledge the possibility of the effect on our climo? Yeah it might be climate...there. Out in the open, no elephants...if this is where we are we're gonna have to find a way to deal with it. No amount of denial is gonna change it.

All that being said...at least for now we still have our best shot in this niño, and it may be better not to torture ourselves in the short term until we see how this season goes :)

So it's warming. We don't have to dance around it...Now of course, we don't actually know how this winter pans out...so there's no conclusion to be had yet! But IF it doesn't work out we'll know.
Like, can't we all just get to a space where we acknowledge the possibility of the effect on our climo? Yeah it might be climate...there. Out in the open, no elephants...if this is where we are we're gonna have to find a way to deal with it. No amount of denial is gonna change it.
All that being said...at least for now we still have our best shot in this niño, and it may be better not to torture ourselves in the short term until we see how this season goes 

Please see Steve psu thread about how it will never snow again. It will allow you to regain precious time of your life your wasting chasing a ghost

It will never snow again in this generation
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

Please see Steve psu thread about how it will never snow again. It will allow you to regain precious time of your life your wasting chasing a ghost

It will never snow again in this generation

That’s an exaggeration. Every few years if we’re lucky he might get an inch or two. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

00z gfs now has the low next Friday down south over northern LA vs Midwest. Let’s see what happens in next few frames. 

Once I looked at the jet stream, I figured it would cut. Trough goes negative too soon, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Actually it does work just barely. 0c7d9dc1d4ec2d68112308e3b0bb60bf.jpg

95% not gonna work. As tomorrow’s storm has shown, we really don’t want to be on the south end of the snowfall area. If anything we want it to be across S VA or NC at these leads. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

gem_z500a_us_29.png
gfs_z500a_us_29.png

GFS just too buddy-buddy with the energy pieces here compared to GEM, far stronger, and kicks out the leading shortwave across the lakes/Canada too quick.

It’s ok it gets us with the next one. Pattern is loaded on both. Today was good trends across guidance imo. 

Off to sleep. Driving to here in the morning. 
IMG_0811.thumb.jpeg.b331f60e55a06ef8197d7bf458ff2671.jpeg

If the snow won’t come to you…

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s ok it gets us with the next one. Pattern is loaded on both. Today was good trends across guidance imo. 

Off to sleep. Driving to here in the morning. 
IMG_0811.thumb.jpeg.b331f60e55a06ef8197d7bf458ff2671.jpeg

If the snow won’t come to you…

How long of a trip?

Drive safe

9 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

image.thumb.png.c91bd710c230e0ceb4b4f1b104d417dc.pngbeautiful- looks mint to me 

Good agreement for the coldest period we have seen so far, occurring in a favorable climo period, and a pattern that is conducive for shortwaves tracking to our south. As always it will come down to wave timing/luck.