Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Save a horse. 11 inches this month so far is an inch BN for me. Noted you are calling for  BN snow for Jan. Take that

I’m around 33” right now. CON normal to date is 29”. So I’m pretty much near normal at this point on the season. 

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There were wild differences in elevation last night. Anyone getting a puff of wind stayed mixed. The Peter Sinkses of New England plummeted. 25° on Mt Lafayette right now but a little north at HIE they hit -15°. My hill was 16° at the top on the car thermo and the bottom was single digits.  It’s not a good morning to judge thermometer accuracy. 

Yea, I must have had a breeze...what I figured. Normally a radiate like a MOFO.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Save a horse. 11 inches this month so far is an inch BN for me. Noted you are calling for  BN snow for Jan. Take that

I am for me that’s for sure. 7 and change here. Not even sure I get much of any tomorrow night. 

19 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hey, so I just wanted to apologize to you about my tirade yesterday. I guess I had a bit of my own meltdown. You guys are twisted bunch but I'm used to that by now. Guess I just had my moment. Anyway, onwards and upwards

lol I have a thick skin. We all know each other and are friends. And personally I’ve never once insulted anyone. We just bust balls. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL  no idea why we would speculate this far out. Could be a nice fropa.

There is interest in that period for Sunday night / Monday but it's a thread the needle , not much cold to work with.. Then a fropa maybe next Tuesday/Wednesday with a brief visit from the Polar Vortex possibly.. 

image.thumb.png.90abe5ff2a2f313b1bb272087fe25f51.png

• Like 1

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

There is interest in that period for Sunday night / Monday but it's a thread the needle , not much cold to work with.. Then a fropa maybe next Tuesday/Wednesday.. 

It is thread the needle, H5 look doesn't impress me. We wait to see what happens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think I am about normal, too, at 24".

Hudson coop avg is 28" ytd. Not a super long period of record but Im usually within a few inches of their totals seasonally. So, I've slipped back a few inches. 23.3" ytd here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its kind of like a Feb 2006 set up...not suggesting a system that large.

Almost looks like a spring time bowling ball, nothing really impressive .. not really sure how it gets so strong near the benchmark on the euro.. closer look vort goes right under Long Island and "tries" to get its act together. 

9 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

There is interest in that period for Sunday night / Monday but it's a thread the needle , not much cold to work with.. Then a fropa maybe next Tuesday/Wednesday with a brief visit from the Polar Vortex possibly.. 

that is a lot of sub 1000 lows inside the BM for a week out.  Why isn't there more enthusiasm?  I guess if it goes out south and there is not cold air then SNE gets nothing and it is too far south for us up here where there is enough cold...