• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

NAM seems reasonable think it may be accounting for the cold air crashing and also elevation.  I am very interested to see what the GFS says, but honestly it is time for short range dynamic models.  Anymore shifts to the SE and region wide north and west of the Delaware River gets pasted.  What is tricky in this situation you cannot salt the roads in the rain and this is CLEARLY a rain to snow event. 

The rain snow line will be monitored like a hawk!  The earlier the changeover the more snow you get I would think in this case. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

NAM seems reasonable think it may be accounting for the cold air crashing and also elevation.  I am very interested to see what the GFS says, but honestly it is time for short range dynamic models.  Anymore shifts to the SE and region wide north and west of the Delaware River gets pasted.  What is tricky in this situation you cannot salt the roads in the rain and this is CLEARLY a rain to snow event. 

The rain snow line will be monitored like a hawk!  The earlier the changeover the more snow you get I would think in this case. 

Up in that northern tier of counties in the CWA, they can definitely brine and salt ahead of time as it has been progged (at least at the higher elevations and furthest north) to pretty much be all snow for the event.  The next couple tiers down would be the mess.

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Unless I'm missing something the timestamp on each page is 2/11 6:25am

Since they may be using the same name for each iteration, you may have pulled up an older one. 

The current one has this -

Philadelphia/Mount Holly
Weather Forecast Office Presentation Created
2/12/2024 7:57 AM

2 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Usually weenie caveats that I don't know what I'm talking about...

Unless there's a major shift one way or the other, I don't know that the globals will shed anymore light. People much smarter than me discussing the effects the convention down south is having , so yeah, what you said...short range models from here.

I'm in the Birds, Wiggum camp...1"-2" here, maybe some lollies of 3".  But will gladly accept more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

mike.jpg

That's the way I used to do it, but I quickly maxed out the amount of data. I had been screenshotting, then pasting into imgur, then grabbing the link and pasting that in here, but that no longer seems to work.

Slightly more on topic--my boss expects me to be at a meeting on site in southern NJ tomorrow. Uhh...

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Hmm... Can't copy/paste into and from imgur anymore. What are you all using to post images?

I hate that imgur changed how they did that.  I don't use imgur here but do use it at another site and you can still click on your image to get the bigger view and then right click that image and (depending on how the browser drop down menu words it) "open image in new tab" (if you use tabs), and it will display the image full size and will use the image's URL with the graphic's extension (".gif" or ".png" or ".jpg", etc). Then copy and past that link.

3 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

That's the way I used to do it, but I quickly maxed out the amount of data. I had been screenshotting, then pasting into imgur, then grabbing the link and pasting that in here, but that no longer seems to work.

Slightly more on topic--my boss expects me to be at a meeting on site in southern NJ tomorrow. Uhh...

Go to the top right on this site hit your name then hit "my attachments" and start deleting old ones. I think each member has a 40mb limit tillk maxed out. Once you free up room, you'll be able to add attachments.

12.jpg

49 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I haven't bothered to even look at the NE forum but I expect they are celebrating. :lmao:

As a quick obs - I bottomed out above freezing at 39 this morning and am currently at 42 with dp 33.

WSW warnings in parts of Maryland now too. 

48 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

I’m noticing that some of the hi-res/meso models now only have rain for a very short period of time towards I-78, with the majority of precip being snow. Some of them change the Lehigh Valley to snow as early as 2-3 am.

we might just hit that foot of snow mark  good

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just checking that out.  Far western areas along the Appalachians.  That positive tilt of moisture flow may become a fire hose.

Also Carroll County, Frederick, and Northern Baltimore. 

Frederick MD-Carroll-Northern Baltimore-Northwest Harford-
957 AM EST Mon Feb 12 2024

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations around 5
  inches are possible.

* WHERE...Frederick MD, Carroll, Northern Baltimore and
  Northwest Harford Counties.