Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Yeah, decent I-78 on north, maybe some pity flakes down this way.

Close but no cigar for extreme se PA. Not surprised...little cold air to work with. Always felt this was more an elevation and rate-dependent setup. Unfortunately we wont have the heavier rates down this way. 

11 hours ago, Duca892 said:

We are like only 30hrs away from honest to god Winter Storm Watches being issued for here in the Lehigh Valley and I can’t remember the last time we went from the beautiful progression of a Watch to a Warning. Begging this hold. Will lovingly take a nice 4-8in

Go to work for 7hrs and walk out to a Northern Trend :thumbsdown:

Bernie Rayno is where I would put my faith it with this one "The big snows over 6+ are northern PA into southern New England, where the injection arrives Sunday night into Monday. Near I-80 in central PA to NePa  and NW NJ likely a 3-6. 1-3 from Harrisburg to Allentown & northern NJ northwest of NYC. Mostly rain SE PA"

4 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Bernie Rayno is where I would put my faith it with this one "The big snows over 6+ are northern PA into southern New England, where the injection arrives Sunday night into Monday. Near I-80 in central PA to NePa  and NW NJ likely a 3-6. 1-3 from Harrisburg to Allentown & northern NJ northwest of NYC. Mostly rain SE PA"

Bernie’s been pretty spot on this entire storm as far as the eventual North trend. Kudos to him so far 

• Like 1

The long range is evaporating for snow chances.  I see the same old theme being played out a lack of cold high-pressure systems.  

I dare say it may be time to pack up the season soon at least we got 9.6" this year in Media instead of the 1.7" we got this year so victory, I guess!

Rain to Snow early Tuesday Morning I am expecting speckles of white on the grass maybe?  

Total snowfall in Media from this storm 0.4"

39 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

The long range is evaporating for snow chances.  I see the same old theme being played out a lack of cold high-pressure systems.  

I dare say it may be time to pack up the season soon at least we got 9.6" this year in Media instead of the 1.7" we got this year so victory, I guess!

Rain to Snow early Tuesday Morning I am expecting speckles of white on the grass maybe?  

Total snowfall in Media from this storm 0.4"

That'll get you to double digits for the season!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

That'll get you to double digits for the season!

Most forecasts DID say we’d get more snow this year than last.

I wasn’t expecting an historic winter, but I also didn’t think we’d struggle this much in the snow department again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormman96 said:

I did read it it says if warning level snows arent reached it will be converted  so while issue it in first place

Because given the uncertainty the Winter Storm Watch covers a bit larger area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Pretty sure I saw or read somewhere we are 6F or 7F above average so far this month. Ground is toasty so I'll need good rates for anything to stick to paved surfaces around here...

42f/cloudy

Bar set at a few hours of white rain…and even that might be a stretch.

44F