• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

I'm pretty sure that when I'm sitting in Citizen's Bank Park on March 28th for the 3:05pm season opener it will be 41 degrees with a 22 mph wind at the ballpark. 
Accuweather's ridiculous monthly forecast shows 55 and sunshine.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Accuweather's ridiculous monthly forecast shows 55 and sunshine.

Yeah I know, but I question the 75 and Partly Sunny they're forecasting for June 1st. 

Like seriously...why is that even visible online to people? Is there anyone looking at an outdoor event on June 1st and saying "yep! We good! Forecast is for sunshine and mid 70s!"

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I have received measurable snowfall in 15% of Aprils and 62% of Marchs since I've been keeping records.  Have never recorded snowfall in May but did see it falling in late May up near Bradford when my wife and I were on a trip to the Allegheny National Forest.  For good measure, October 8% of the time and November 54% (although a few were <.2" for the entire month).

To the memory, May 8th and 9th MDT was T'ed up with snow.  Over here it ended up being around 1/2" on the mulch.   It also snowed one of those days at MDT in 1977.

• Like 2

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

To the memory, May 8th and 9th MDT was T'ed up with snow.  Over here it ended up being around 1/2" on the mulch.   It also snowed one of those days at MDT in 1977.

Correct - I got in trouble in 7th grade English for staring out the window at the snow falling in Marticville. Mr. Musser didn't seem to understand the significance of May snow like I did. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Correct - I got in trouble in 7th grade English for staring out the window at the snow falling in Marticville. Mr. Musser didn't seem to understand the significance of May snow like I did. 

I got told in school that nobody was going to pay me to stare out a window. Jokes on them. I do that all day long and get paid decently for doing it.

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Seventy.

S E V E N T Y
E
V
E
N
T
Y

Only 55 and low overcast here. The valleys are really doing their thing today with the cool air damming. I bet all I’d have to do is drive to the top of Wopsy to get into the sun. 

image.thumb.png.9dfb4f40648737a201802f105336e491.png

36 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Seventy.

S E V E N T Y
E
V
E
N
T
Y

How the hell am I supposed to gloat about my warm Arizona weather when you guys are nearly the same temperature I am???

• Like 2

49.6 to be exact in Maytown. I'd like to know the last time Clearfield County was 20 degrees higher than here. It isn't super unusual for SW PA - but in that area, yes. 

Think it happens more often than you think when we get those backdoor cold fronts in spring.

Just now, Superstorm said:

Think it happens more often than you think when we get those backdoor cold fronts in spring.

Maybe you're right, I just off the top of my head remember many times when Latrobe is sunbathing while we're in jackets.

Okay...some are in jackets. 

1 hour ago, pawatch said:

Thought you would have pictures of plowing snow to post. :D

No plows, but this pic is of the Loop 101 in Scottsdale from back in 2013. The green sign reads Via De Ventura, Pima Rd/90th St, and Shea Blvd for those familiar with the area.

main-qimg-5deedfc6c55aee46a8e41a8636ea2fec.jpeg

• Like 1

Where the heck is @paweather ?  Hopefully he is ok. I know that he would be interested in the chance of Easter snow!

The end of the 15 day ensembles have held the better look beginning around St. Patty’s Day & continuing through the end of the month.

The Weeklies are trending colder each run as the lead time decreases.

This is the type of pattern that has the potential to produce late season Winter weather opportunities.

Here are the latest Euro Weeklies for the last 2 weeks of March.

IMG_5511.png

IMG_5512.png

IMG_5513.png

IMG_5514.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1