Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, AccuChris said:

The Euro may be correct on a more southern track but I wouldnt be crowning it victor as long as the HRRR keeps pushing heavy QPF up into our area.  The Euro has basically half the QPF as the HRRR

I was joking about DT's penchant to always crown the Euro.    

Rain has commenced here.    48/44

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro wins again-DT

That is actually very well written compared to usual comments.  

I’m not saying we don’t trend all the way to the Euro, but it’s still on its own with how weak the system is for a lot of us. Basically shows zilch for southern PA.

Edit: Ninja’d by AccuChris

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Oh im not busting your balls on it im busting his…saying the Euro solution is right and nothing has fallen from the sky yet lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Always got to give the hat tip to the Euro haha. If the current Euro depiction were to come to fruition the real winner is the Canadian/RGEM. That’s the kind of solution it constantly showed while the other globals including the Euro had the bigger swath of totals. Never really has embraced the big totals even now, though it has warning totals well east of C-PA. I dunno.. event’s got to occur first. I don’t plan on crowning ANY model for this one, but it certainly wouldn’t be the Euro if I did. 

Meso models are going to handle the FGEN induced band of snow better than the globals at this point. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t at least a 4-6” swath coming across. Things can stop shifting south and tightening though, I never really thought I’d be in danger of being out of this event back this way (Altoona/State College region) but wow we’re there right now according to a lot of guidance. Lighter rates outside of the main FGEN induced area of heavy snow are going to be hard to get accums going coming into this event warm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Yes Moose Biscuits. It the scientific term for massive fuckn snow flakes . 

The moose biscuits will probably be well East of me.  But earlier that was almost a guarantee somewhere with the lift, temps being so close to freezing and the rapid deepening...if the storm keeps speeding up. I think it lessens it greatly. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The moose biscuits will probably be well East of me.  But earlier that was almost a guarantee somewhere with the lift, temps being so close to freezing and the rapid deepening...if the storm keeps speeding up. I think it lessens it greatly. 

Yes sir . Befor my  lsd and thorazine  hit its half life I was having visions of giant snowflakes, falling on candy cane coverd feilds and sleigh rides to grandma's house for hot coco,  and dumplings. 

• Like 1

Less than two hours ago NWS had Williamsport at 6-9 in its Winter Storm Warning. They did say in their Discussion that things had shifted south but they were holding off on changing northern predictions for the time being. Now here is what they say: less than 2. So I guess there won't be much to report about up here. I am very happy for the people getting lots more than they thought.  

Tonight
Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after 4am. Low around 32. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Tuesday
Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.