Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

19 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Radar is starting fill in that small gap near Cumberland, MD.

Lots of precip back in OH & WV as well 

I think that at some point, some of that stuff out west will dissipate or really minor out/fall in line with the coastal despite the 500 ULL.    There could be a line near or just to the west of me that does not get a whole lot more, I hope I am on the East side of it.  

The 12Z HRRR shows similar with the hole in snow in S Central PA.   1-3" more for most of the LSV on the HRRR though some has already fallen. 

image.png.aa86c1f030ede329beed3cea3585ef71.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are beating me by 1/4" neighbor.  2.75" though only .25" in the last 45 min. 

This has been a great winter week.   Snow on snow, temps below freezing. Liberty mountain has to be lovin life.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

This has been a great winter week.   Snow on snow, temps below freezing. Liberty mountain has to be lovin life.   

Yes, I was just about to post a pic so here it is...hopefully next week is not so warm that they lose their base and can pivot into a colder Feb.  All white there and as you can see they are still blowing snow.  Tomorrow is going to be quite the wintery day with treacherous travel still.

image.png.2e2881d993abe0b3a9f917847194225d.png

image.thumb.png.821090c498fb2f92b769df00b2e225ef.png

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, I was just about to post a pic so here it is...hopefully next week is not so warm that they lose their base and can pivot into a colder Feb.  All white there and as you can see they are still blowing snow.  Tomorrow is going to be quite the wintery day with treacherous travel still.

image.png.2e2881d993abe0b3a9f917847194225d.png

image.thumb.png.821090c498fb2f92b769df00b2e225ef.png

They better enjoy it now because the chances of more natural snow won't come for 3+ weeks the way it's looking now unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

They better enjoy it now because the chances of more natural snow won't come for 3+ weeks the way it's looking now unfortunately. 

Yeah long leads lookin less than stellar, but as we know next week is warm, I'll start worrying about it later next week.  I'm not gonna worry or gnash teeth in 6hr increments anymore.  I'm just gonna enjoy what we got as long as we've got it.  Was hoping PNA could offset AO/NAO, but time will tell.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Cold air evac's Canada again so understand but I am not going to punt out past 7-10 days as there is not a penchant for a torch either.   You were happy with the LR leads yesterday AM so things can adjust. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I still think some of that congeals and dissipates when the coastal starts to pull away. 

How much snow do you have? I'm at work so not sure about Smithsburg but we're probably close  

In Thurmont there's probably 4" otg

Just now, Chris78 said:

How much snow do you have? I'm at work so not sure about Smithsburg but we're probably close  

In Thurmont there's probably 4" otg

We are just a little over 3" but you may have more as we keep hanging on to light snow with the snow stopping or near stopping just to my NW and continuing unabated to my SE.    We have only added about a 1/4" in the last hour or so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Snowing moderately still, but suns out. We’ll see if we can build some more bands in

A little late for modeling but I enjoy talking about it anyway. Latest HRRR basically stops all snow for an hour or two but then energizes as the ULL comes through for another 1-2".  Interesting depiction.