Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Radar looks fine to me.  Enjoy the snow everyone!

I have already had 4 calls and emails asking if they should open because the radar looks like it is ending soon here.    The ULL energy out west should energize stuff and fill back in later today.  Snow has ended in far Western Franklin County and just south of Hagerstown for the moment. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

For those that see the end coming, which it does appear that way right now on radar, HRRR has backfilling taking place as the coastal takes over.  Jackpot still well to our south but snow not ending this early either per the HRRR.   

already looking like it is along the PA/MD border. Just north of DC to just south of Harrisburg keep an eye out for the next couple hours.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, so_whats_happening said:

already looking like it is along the PA/MD border. Just north of DC to just south of Harrisburg keep an eye out for the next couple hours.

Yep, the end is indeed backfilling.  Hoping I never get a break here in S Central Franklin.   Still probably not going to get the best here.    Like the NWS said, some areas of south Lanco and York could really get it good later today and not going to be surprised to see some 6-10" totals out of the MA as they already have 3-5 in some places.   

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, the end is indeed backfilling.  Hoping I never get a break here in S Central Franklin.   Still probably not going to get the best here.    Like the NWS said, some areas of south Lanco and York could really get it good later today and not going to be surprised to see some 6-10" totals out of the MA as they already have 3-5 in some places.   

As I  mentioned earlier this week, atmospheric memory is real. Same locations as on Monday will kackpot. But that's ok as we'll do fine so no complaints here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I've got heavy returns over me for tge past few minutes but snow has been steady and light. Big flakes now starting to randomly appear, so the heavy returns must be finally making it down.

We have been scoring quite well here though it is really lightening up just to my NW.  Over 2" now.  I would expect you to pick up accums fast in the near future. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrandmasterB said:

Radar looks fine to me.  Enjoy the snow everyone!

Just got to office.  24-25 car thermo w/ a light to almost mod snow on way in.

Etown already has their 1" threshold met.  Lets tack a few more on today.

• Like 2