Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Eh, here's our sounding though for the second frame of heavy stuff. With the rates we have, its definitely a snow sounding. Isothermal. 

gfs_2024010518_fh30_sounding_39.77N_77.41W.png

I was more talking final accums, no time to jump in right now but Adams county/Western York were well in the pink at 12Z.   I hate to say "it's noise" but probably the case here. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was more talking final accums, no time to jump in right now but Adams county/Western York were well in the pink at 12Z.   I hate to say "it's noise" but probably the case here. 

Sure, I understand. For "us" its actually heavier on the totals, but as you get into york, there's that sharp cutoff, I agree. Weird as I just dug deeper into the soundings and the layers are cooler aloft a bit. Seems it could be an algorithm thing. You can't hate seeing the QPF tick up over an inch solidly on 18z coming in hot & heavy. 

• Like 1

Hard to know what to think for Williamsport as of 4:45p. Certainly looks like we will get more than I figured. 

Winter Weather Warning still up and issued past noon says 4-8.

Now for Williamsport, NWS says:

Saturday
Snow, mainly after noon. High near 34. Light east wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 30. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

For Southern Lycoming which includes us too of course, NWS says:

Saturday
A chance of snow in the morning, then snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Saturday Night
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Near steady temperature around 30. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph, becoming north after midnight. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we can post experimental models (no offense) we can post the Rap...in addition, give me one model that has performed even close to acceptable with this situation?  Just one?  

well we don't know yet but the only one thats been rock solid consistent is our noble rgem. Let's just let that be right :) 

• Like 1

so question Im seeing it starts about 10-11 in my area local future radar from the news is saying it ends by 7pm? I was looking at other future radar they have it lasting till 10pm-12am some models suggest wrap around till sunday 10am but normally wrap around doesnt pan out to good in my area.  WSW goes till 10am I think kind of odd the locals showing it ends at 7pm? I know storms tend to end earlier then the alert calls for but more then 12 hours later? 

at 29/21 went down to pick up food temp was 35 I came out 20 mins later and it was down to 29 when i got back home double checked both thermometers.  Still clear not even high lvl clouds yet.