Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

True except it is above freezing in the SE corner of the LSV at the surface.    Would it actually be above freezing with heavy snow falling?  I vote no but that is what the output shows. 

I  always seem to forget that part of the forum and only look west. My bad.

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I really, really do hope he is wrong...but until he is wrong, he isn't. I've seen models/forecasts for a lot more snow than this disappear with much less time remaining before onset. 

I'm not negative, but I am jaded. Many, many years of last second failures has taught me to assume nothing when it comes to snow. Until it's on the ground, that is. 

I get your being jaded, as we share same weather and like you, i've been at this hobby for over 35 years. 

Point I'm making is that while we still may fail, many here can see signs for optimism and didnt need to wait for someone to say so.  

Doesnt mean we all win, (and we all know that losing is always the safer bet wrt our precious snow), but unless the bottom drops out, we are in short term, and staring down our first appreciable event and cautious optimism is warranted. 

The reasonings why have been shared by some of us for some time now...and are largely ignored/dismissed by others. 

On a disco forum, that's the rub for me anyway, and while almost all of us have no formal titles or pins to put on our chest....we still have plenty to offer towards good weather disco and offer info to support our claims...right or wrong.   Isn't that what a disco forum is for?  While he and others are pretty/really damn good, they are capable of being off....just like the best of the best here and everywhere.  Part of the fun for some/many is trying to nail down an event long before it happens, and frankly for me, what I enjoy most.  The event is almost anti climactic, as i need to start searching for the next one to hunt and sometimes they are few and far between (2016 and last year come to mind).  

Here's to some great nooners.   

34 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

So we take der iKon seriously now? Lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

You've been doing this long enough.  Weenie rule #1 is hug ANY model that give you snow, then cherrypick for your wish list. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

32c32853034c1a44bb412dba8974edd9.jpg

Hr 84 of RGEM would lead you to believe central and eastern pa get hit pretty good. CMC should be good here shortly

RGEM thermals a tick better for LSV at 78.  All i can see for now.