Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I am all about snow cover. Normally, I would prefer 4" of snow that lasted 2 weeks than 12" of snow that was gone in 3-5 days.

These aren't normal times. I haven't shoveled in 2 years. If we get 6-12" of snow that is completely washed away a few days later, so be it. I'll be thrilled to put up a big crooked number. 

Exactly!

11 minutes ago, NEPA MT TOP said:

People take a deep breadth and relax, not long ago some here proclaimed no snow for next 2 weeks; then models changed and snow , one after another, now 1 model comes out says cutter and so many here throw in the towel; all that rain, thought we'd have long run of cold and snow. Will you all stop living and dying by each model and especially those almost 2 weeks away. Look beyond the model; see what is causing that, you just might find something that doesn't look right, and the next day a completely different outcome. Chill out.

PBP's are not throwing in the towel.   It is part of careers for some on here and a fun hobby for others.    The NWS does the same thing with their AFD's several times a day.    Those proclamations of no snow for 2 weeks occurred 1-2 weeks ago.  Sounds like for the LSV they were spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I am all about snow cover. Normally, I would prefer 4" of snow that lasted 2 weeks than 12" of snow that was gone in 3-5 days.

These aren't normal times. I haven't shoveled in 2 years. If we get 6-12" of snow that is completely washed away a few days later, so be it. I'll be thrilled to put up a big crooked number. 

Agree, but you don't need snow to shovel...just read my posts. 

8 minutes ago, NEPA MT TOP said:

People take a deep breadth and relax, not long ago some here proclaimed no snow for next 2 weeks; then models changed and snow , one after another, now 1 model comes out says cutter and so many here throw in the towel; all that rain, thought we'd have long run of cold and snow. Will you all stop living and dying by each model and especially those almost 2 weeks away. Look beyond the model; see what is causing that, you just might find something that doesn't look right, and the next day a completely different outcome. Chill out.

So where exactly do I go to find this "life" you reference. Lol

life referenced, it did bring chuckle to me, very good, my best answer; try your inner self, ask what if life is really important, what really matters. Hopefully those answers won't be too hard to find. Sorry if I became too philosophical. We will make it through.

1 minute ago, NEPA MT TOP said:

life referenced, it did bring chuckle to me, very good, my best answer; try your inner self, ask what if life is really important, what really matters. Hopefully those answers won't be too hard to find. Sorry if I became too philosophical. We will make it through.

I was just kidding, hence the lol. No, after retiring last year from 40 years as a lawyer in MD, I'm pretty content with being brain dead looking at weather models during the first decent Niño in 8 years. 

• Like 1

CTP seems fairly confident for a storm nearly a week away. Of course this is subject to change, but seeing likely and 70% chance this far out is intriguing. 

For Tamaqua:

Saturday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Sunday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

CTP seems fairly confident for a storm nearly a week away. Of course this is subject to change, but seeing likely and 70% chance this far out is intriguing. 

For Tamaqua:

Saturday Night
Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Sunday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

They have me as snow on Saturday after 1pm and then rain and snow Saturday night and Sunday.  I  would make a snarky remark but don't want to jinx myself!

2 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Great to see you, any early thoughts for the LSV and CSV area?  Storm, no Storm, Mix, Rain, or too early :)  Thank you.

Thanks! It feels great to be back on the east coast and I get to actually track something for my back yard again ^_^

I think the trends right now are positive for the LSV and south-central PA area. I would imagine the favorable spots along the Mason Dixon up to the turnpike are in a good area for the time being. Too early to talk totals, but the key will be the storm not going too far south and the confluence to the north doesn’t thwart latitude gain. Analogs right now are pretty solid for the region, so I like where you guys sit at this point. I’ll come by and add some insight as we approach. Perhaps a snow map is in order!! Been awhile since I did one for the subforum. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks! It feels great to be back on the east coast and I get to actually track something for my back yard again ^_^

I think the trends right now are positive for the LSV and south-central PA area. I would imagine the favorable spots along the Mason Dixon up to the turnpike are in a good area for the time being. Too early to talk totals, but the key will be the storm not going too far south and the confluence to the north doesn’t thwart latitude gain. Analogs right now are pretty solid for the region, so I like where you guys sit at this point. I’ll come by and add some insight as we approach. Perhaps a snow map is in order!! Been awhile since I did one for the subforum. 

Let’s see one