Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

21 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Seems like the models just want to keep pushing the heart of winter back. Should we be thinking of getting the punting team back out on the field on 1st down?

I'm telling you, winter won't return to PA until I do. Wherever I am, there too shall the cold be. Look at last year. Coolest and wettest winter in the southwest in over a decade. 

And back when I was trucking coast to coast, whatever side of the country I was at was where a trough had set up. When I was in California you were warm and dry and I was cold and rainy/snowy. Then, when I was home, the west was warm and dry, and PA was cold and rainy/snowy.

Mother Nature hates me...

:lol:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm telling you, winter won't return to PA until I do. Wherever I am, there too shall the cold be. Look at last year. Coolest and wettest winter in the southwest in over a decade. 

And back when I was trucking coast to coast, whatever side of the country I was at was where a trough had set up. When I was in California you were warm and dry and I was cold and rainy/snowy. Then, when I was home, the west was warm and dry, and PA was cold and rainy/snowy.

You could probably monetize your powers. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I think the guys in here are ready to form a posse to get you back home and hold a tribunal on the several lost winters that you have denied them.

• Haha 2

The 6z GFS was close, as @Bubbler86 mentioned.
If the storm doesn’t hit the wall, we could be in business on the 7th.

That look with the low in Georgia, high in Quebec, with good precip back into Tennessee & Kentucky is generally something that works well at least for southern PA.

We still have time for a a few small changes to make this work.

IMG_3862.png

IMG_3863.png

• Like 2

[mention=4667]Jns2183[/mention] speaking of Philly....this is a screen shot as the X link was not working for me. 
Capture.JPG.d97f147683987dba4bfe8208d1d99fad.JPG
I still think this snow drought all ends with a boom.....but in April because a cold snowy April with no spring temperatures and screwing up all gardens and lawns would truly piss off the most people.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We almost hit freezing for the 1st time in a week across a couple spots this AM with Warwick Township at 32.3 and East Nantmeal at 32.7. Better chance tonight for widespread freezing temps. A chillier day today with increasing clouds and a couple flurries or sprinkles possible early this PM. While it will feel colder than it has been it will only be dropping to near normal levels to close out December.
Records for today: High 63 (1898) / Low 9 below zero (1917) / Rain 1.56" (1912) / Snow 3.8" (2017)
image.png.b9d0aa8edbe9dcba12ad1652a54a58b2.png

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

I know. I'm legit worried about even flying back for a visit... :ph34r: :yikes:

Well you should be. There are several tribunals scheduled for you. The first one is in Marysville for sub par winter. The next is in da ville for drought. And the final one is in Harrisburg for garbage can rattling wind. I understand your situation. Travel carefully.

• Haha 2

The 12z GFS for the 7th chance gets some light snow into southern PA this run, but brings good snow to MD & VA.
This run the storm hits a wall off of the coast of VA beach.
It would not take much to get at least southern PA into the good stuff with a few changes.
1 week to go, so we have time to watch & wait…
IMG_3867.thumb.png.d66580eb628228176b31037b75b00c18.png
IMG_3868.thumb.png.46f9198301ca1077f20ddd5b30a18ff3.png
You got an inverted trough there back to western pa just like 2010

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2