Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

0z gfs has a nice retreating high as SLP approaches (have I watched this movie) and slides across roughly SNE S coast . 

for Dec 27’th 

Happy Holidays perhaps (for the St. Lawrence Valley)

Yeah, that run gave me chills thinking of last year. Hideous run for New England winter lovers. Moose fart Maine might do okay verbatim on the deal after Christmas 

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

0z gfs has a nice retreating high as SLP approaches (have I watched this movie) and slides across roughly SNE S coast . 

for Dec 27’th 

Happy Holidays perhaps (for the St. Lawrence Valley)

Don’t forget to ring in the new year with another retreating high and a storm cutting to Pittsburg 

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Don’t forget to ring in the new year with another retreating high and a storm cutting to Pittsburg 

That one would give some snow to start, the high is in a decent position but is weak . Looks like a snow to Rainer , but I mean I didn’t comment on it bc it’s like 384 hours out , it will change and I’ll be in NW VT to cope if it doesn’t 

• Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Welcome to the party pal. 

Makes It’s hard to come in here….

I agree. It seems like they just want to find the worst of the weather and drive it in with a screwdriver.

At this point doing a white Christmas is probably not happening which is fine. But there is still January, February and even March of winter. Things can turn around and there can be many surprises. 

Thank God for the few and year that are willing to look ahead knowing that we have a long ways to go.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I often wonder why people spend time daily in here during times of a horrible pattern when they can’t handle the reality of posting without whining . I’m posting what is most likely to occur . The whining goes both ways .

Maybe we need to create a positive thoughts only thread for the 5-10 day period when it’s ugly . You won’t find me punting ridiculous amounts of weeks but the period into the 27’th looks like trash and the period past that is fantasy still ,  looks better but it’s far out 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I agree. It seems like they just want to find the worst of the weather and drive it in with a screwdriver.

At this point doing a white Christmas is probably not happening which is fine. But there is still January, February and even March of winter. Things can turn around and there can be many surprises. 

Thank God for the few and year that are willing to look ahead knowing that we have a long ways to go.

Bottom line is, it’s 12/16. Winter doesn’t officially start for another week. 

Where’s all the talk about this big wind nor’easter for tomorrow night? Biggest in 10 yrs lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I often wonder why people spend time daily in here during times of a horrible pattern when they can’t handle the reality of posting without whining . I’m posting what is most likely to occur . The whining goes both ways

You and I go where there is snow…so if it doesn’t snow here, I’m not devastated as some are. I don’t think we rat like last year. But Other than that…. whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Bottom line is, it’s 12/16. Winter doesn’t officially start for another week. 

Where’s all the talk about this big wind nor’easter for tomorrow night? Biggest in 10 yrs lol. 

I seriously can't with Kev. I don't know where he comes up with these things. When he gets fixated on something, he takes it to the top. It's fine, it adds some comedy to the discussion. 

And yes, winter starts next week officially. I think we'd all would have liked to have seen a little snow on the ground for Christmas. But it doesn't end the winter if we don't. And that's a lot of what we've been seeing in these discussions. Thank God for you guys!

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…fill us in on the impending danger for the biggest nor’easter in a decade according to Dave Tolleris. Not much talk about the impending flattening of forests this morning. 

Nothing changed. Looks like a pretty strong storm. Biggest wind threat is ern CT into RI and SE MA.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

So you want to just ban or silence everyone that doesn’t post about how awesome the pattern looks 3 weeks from now? lol 

I think we need more reality here. The weather in the here and now, and short term, looks like dung for winter enthusiasts.

After that, it’s a crap shoot. Wanting to talk about how good it could Be is literally no different than pointing out how bad it could be. Goes both ways.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So you want to just ban or silence everyone that doesn’t post about how awesome the pattern looks 3 weeks from now? lol 

I think we need more reality here. The weather in the here and now, and short term, looks like dung for winter enthusiasts.

After that, it’s a crap shoot. Wanting to talk about how good it could Be is literally no different than pointing out how bad it could be. Goes both ways.

Where did I say Ban?  I said nothing of the sort. We know it’s ugly now, I agree. We’ve known for a while this was going to happen. 

Nothing wrong with pointing that out…that’s not the issue.  The issue is the miserable comment’s constantly, when we know/knew this was going to happen. You’ll post 330hr or 384hr cutter and complain about it. That’s a crapshoot too at that range, and you know it.  

Post whatever the hell you want… I wasn’t the one who said you guys were miserable…but he was right. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

I actually love the ensemble runs last night. Got that retrograding GOA low going toward Aleutians. I think we’re setting up a really nice pattern for early January…we’ll see if we can sneak something in the week after Xmas to close out the month, but I’m not gonna take any toaster baths if that period doesn’t work out….the late month stuff is prob going to favor in and up too with the airmasses still not arctic. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1