Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2023-24 Longrange Discussion

michsnowfreak

10 minutes ago, Stebo said:

No, why would I give a shit about having a green lawn, hell if it was up to me I would have no lawn but a community garden or botanical garden. Both better for the environment too.

When I worked for a landscape outfit many years ago, we did some work for cabins along the shore. Some of the work we did included wildflower gardens. We would seed a large area with mostly annual wildflowers (a few perennial in the mix), and what a beautiful natural collage of flowers would emerge. Even thought about nixing my own lawn, and doing that every year. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, hardypalmguy said:

The average high for MKE doesn't dip much below 32 even in the heart of winter.  You have this false misconception that this is a true winter climate.  We are borderline at best.  Snowmobile trails locally haven't opened in the last three years.

The only misconception I had was that you actually understood the weather and just loved trolling. Now I realize that while you're certainly trolling in every post, you legit don't really understand how the weather or your climate works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Stebo said:

Wait, mofo painted his grass green? What a ridiculous nonsensical thing to do

He trolled with it mid winter trying to pass it off as real grass color and Joe called him out by screenshotting an earlier post where he admitted to painting it green. He must paint the snow green too because milwaukee shows 39 days last season with 1"+ snow on the ground, but he just recently said he had green grass almost all last winter.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

The only misconception I had was that you actually understood the weather and just loved trolling. Now I realize that while you're certainly trolling in every post, you legit don't really understand how the weather or your climate works.

We are a few degrees of warming away from slashing our average snow totals in half man.  Too bad you can't see that.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Lmao just wait until PalmBro drops the mic right in the middle of an 18z SE/weaker run. I almost desintegrated at the molecular level on one such occasion last year

He's going to bask in the schadenfreude when 5 days of blizzard runs fall apart into a mediocre clipper two days out and we're all pissed, guaranteed.

• Haha 3

While we have had warm winters lately and I have been living in Florida for them, I am back living in Michigan to take care of my parents and ready for a cold/snowy November. Per our climate, its normal to have to wait until early/mid December for a good snowstorm. I'm hoping we can switch and get into winter quickly. I just went for a bike ride and man what a shock to the system to go from 94/humid to 55 and dry. The sun sure does still feel good. I wonder what's more likely, a early November snowstorm, or the lions hosting a playoff game...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

While we have had warm winters lately and I have been living in Florida for them, I am back living in Michigan to take care of my parents and ready for a cold/snowy November. Per our climate, its normal to have to wait until early/mid December for a good snowstorm. I'm hoping we can switch and get into winter quickly. I just went for a bike ride and man what a shock to the system to go from 94/humid to 55 and dry. The sun sure does still feel good. I wonder what's more likely, a early November snowstorm, or the lions hosting a playoff game...

Climatologically we don't want an early season snowfall if you want a good winter. After Nov 15th is when you want it to snow.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

Welcome (back). What Stebo said is fact tho. GFS already spitting maps that look like winter, lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_62.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stebo said:

Climatologically we don't want an early season snowfall if you want a good winter. After Nov 15th is when you want it to snow.

Yea as soon as I posted earlier today, I recalled a snowstorm we had around Nov 20, at least 6+ years ago. 2-4 was forecasted, 8-12 fell and I don't think we had another 6+ snowfall the rest of that winter. It's weird how history repeats itself when it comes to notable events.

• Like 1