Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2023

George BM

On 10/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, mattie g said:

Saw a completely black one on a walk the other night. Only one I've seen so far this season, so I take it as a good omen.

This is going to be a truly memorable winter in the Washington Metropolitan Region. Frigid, epically snowy, in a truly fierce El Nino to boot. And the oceans are so abnormally warm. 

This is an epic time to be alive!

Transcendentally stupid move by Henderson. Yeah, yeah, rookie. Even the moss growing on the tree in my back yard would know enough not to try and steal in that situation. 

Certainly was his own choice. Camera showed Hyde screaming. Crappy jump. Not that Hyde covered himself with glory managing. 

Poor at bats in general. This team is not there yet. 

47 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Transcendentally stupid move by Henderson. Yeah, yeah, rookie. Even the moss growing on the tree in my back yard would know enough not to try and steal in that situation. 

Certainly was his own choice. Camera showed Hyde screaming. Crappy jump. Not that Hyde covered himself with glory managing. 

And it they're not that's okay. They're on their way--if it doesn't work out this year most of them are back next year. This group has championship potential--but this could be the growing pains, this being their first time in the postseason.

And btw our struggle to produce many runs called for being aggressive there--it was just poorly executed and poorly timed, imo

2 hours ago, 09-10 analogy said:

I honestly thought it was a hit and run at the time, but Hicks took the pitch. Some sort of miscommunication probably. Hard to believe Gunnar did that on his own in that spot.

Interesting to see the doom and gloom posts about the Os. It’s playoff baseball, everything is magnified. This team though hasn’t lost more than 4 games in a row all year. Haven’t been swept in an absurd amount of series. They know how to win. They play sound baseball 99% of the time. The team is not an offensive juggernaut, they are a team that does all things very well, consistently. Usually consistency wins out, especially in baseball. Even if they lose the series this team is built to last for years barring injuries. Have fun with the ride.

• Like 3

Took off for Gaudineer Knob and Scenic Area (about 4500 elevation) yesterday up thru Monterey and then back down the Highland Scenic Hwy. Trees were absolutely stunning in places. Above 4K is slightly past peak, 3K to 4K IS peak and below 3K is about a week away. Just a FYI in case anyone thinking of heading that way.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, CAPE said:

I honestly thought it was a hit and run at the time, but Hicks took the pitch. Some sort of miscommunication probably. Hard to believe Gunnar did that on his own in that spot.

Might very well have been a H/R but if it was, that’s an equally stupid move by Hyde. Leading off the sixth or even eighth I could see it but not the ninth. Add it to his collection of poor game 1 stratagems.

Anyway onto today. Great thing about baseball it doesn’t give you much time to rehash the past . G-Rod has come thru big a couple times in the second half so here’s hoping becaus I really don’t want to go to Arlington down two.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic