Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

11 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

what are you seeing our shepherd? 

A lot of ensemble guidance is trying to form a -PNA trough out west and in the GOA very late in the period near mid-November. This would actually be fairly consistent with the tropical forcing in the 8-1 regions in November El Nino.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A lot of ensemble guidance is trying to form a -PNA trough out west and in the GOA very late in the period near mid-November. This would actually be fairly consistent with the tropical forcing in the 8-1 regions in November El Nino.

Yep.  Nothing atypical at all.

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There was a brand new high rise that was destroyed. 

I can't tell what is new or not though. It also started to fill in just prior to landfall. But we will never know because there likely were no obs close to anything they got in actuality.

I'd like to see more damage near the surface. Cars flipped etc. Like in other cat 5s. Not 200' up. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can't tell what is new or not though. It also started to fill in just prior to landfall. But we will never know because there likely were no obs close to anything they got in actuality.

I'd like to see more damage near the surface. Cars flipped etc. Like in other cat 5s. Not 200' up. 

https://x.com/wxnb_/status/1717594733592064356?s=46&t=XiRWubWbpExod2fEMVycpA

IDK what the official obs would have indicated, it looks bad. Good time to get a vacation deal?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

https://x.com/Ramiro_Escoto/status/1717726551918428360?s=20

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Typical beast mode strong Nino  . You get an early snow event in Nov and then much of the rest of the month it’s mild to warm Pac flow which continues into December.

I expect later Novie into December to have that. Hopefully changes later December, but who knows that far out.