Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Autumn 2023

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

.09 rain from the event.

Got more rain today than you did. Our event produced 0.53" in my backyard so far and over an inch a few miles to my northwest. 

As for my Tamaqua backyard, the rain gauge on my station stopped working, and I don't think my wife would know how to troubleshoot it.

We picked up 0.08" of rain overnight for a total of 0.10". The 0.08" that fell so far today is the most rain in a day since the 0.17" on October 29th. Temps have slowly been falling this morning with now mid-40's across the area since a midnight high temperature in the mid to upper 50's. We should not see below normal temperatures through the remainder of November and into the first week of December. The NWS has us getting back to the low 50's for much of the area...I suspect most of the county will actually struggle to make it out of the 40's today. Tomorrow looks to be our "mildest" day of the week with some spots touching 50 degrees. We should finally see some significant rain by Tuesday afternoon ending by Wednesday morning. Some spots could see almost 1" of needed rain. The Thanksgiving holiday weekend looks chilly and dry with days in the low 40's and nights in the 20's.
Records for today: High 77 (1896) / Low 12 (1924) / Rain 1.21" (1929) / Snow 1.0" (1955)
image.png.575db409536b9d8683315670a81070f0.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I wish that the 12z Euro run went out 1 or 2 days more to see where all of the moisture in the south central & Gulf states would have tracked with the cold air in place in our region.

Let’s see later on if the EPS will continue to be favorable for the last week of the month?

IMG_3378.png

EPS mean has 2"+ snow falling after 240 hrs., so it's seeing something. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Michigan having trouble with the Terps. 

Sleet in my zones for Mon night.  Got to 55 here this afternoon though that is short of the 57 midnight high.  MDT has been pushed to almost 1 degree AN for the month now.  

Sleet in Novie is a win in these parts. I just hope the Euro and Canadian aren't jerkong our chains for the week after Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

Many spots across the county had a frosty low in the 20's....the exceptions were some of the higher spots like where I am in East Nantmeal where we were no lower than 34 degrees this morning. Unfortunately, we are now almost 2" below normal rainfall for the month of November and 5.5" below our year to date average rain. The good news is that after the next coupled dry days we should see some beneficial rain moving in from southwest to northeast across the area on Tuesday afternoon. Most models agree on around 1.5" of rain before ending by daybreak on Wednesday. Below normal temps are likely for the rest of November.
Records for today: High 74 (1913) / Low 12 (1924) / Rain 1.74" (1988) / Snow 3.0" (1955)
image.png.39e857d7e33c0cebdb94439264b7e142.png

The typical model can-kicking of cold temps has caused another prominent MA poster to throw shade on winter as a whole.  LOL
I mean, until they're wrong they're right lol. After three lousy years, a lot of people are in agnostic about winter.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk