• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanksgiving morning that year was pretty chilly - wife and I were walking the river trail and it was interesting to see hardly anyone out there and the few that were had dressed like it was the frozen tundra. Without looking, I think the high that day was only in the low 20s (?) with wind chills MUCH lower. I even sported a sweatshirt that day on the trail since wind chills were at or below zero. 

One of the more fun snows/cold periods I have had in my 5-6 years back. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Almost identical experience for me - likewise, I have a 20 minute commute and it took me 2.5 hours to get home the day you're referring to. I even waited a while to leave work that day to give road crews a chance to catch up. Nope. That actually was my worst drive home commute...ever. 

Ditto, worst I've experienced to this point.  Once things got grid-locked it was game-over.. i remember so many vehicles just spinning their wheels on any type of incline.. just no ability to gain momentum.  I considered pulling off into a parking lot and walking home the last 3 miles as I had a hungry pup at home.  Probably the only snowstorm I didn't fully enjoy in my life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Ditto, worst I've experienced to this point.  Once things got grid-locked it was game-over.. i remember so many vehicles just spinning their wheels on any type of incline.. just no ability to gain momentum.  I considered pulling off into a parking lot and walking home the last 3 miles as I had a hungry pup at home.  Probably the only snowstorm I didn't fully enjoy in my life.

It seemed to me that we had more of these situations back in the 2000-2005 time frame.  I remember being stuck on 15 west several times over those winters.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Disclaimer: as your HR Management representative in this thread, any post made by yours truly that includes inches of "something" shoulda always be interpreted as snowfall or rainfall. 

Come on, guys!

:) 

one would think you were posting like @Yardstickgozinya :lmao:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jonesy56 said:

Was that the commute-a-geddon  storm that way over-performed with heavy mid-day rates?  I think HIA had ~8" on the books for that one but I don't recall if that was 2018 or 19.  I just remember it taking 3 hours to get home for what is usually a 20 minute commute.

Yup! I totally forgot it was higher - was thinking just road accumulations. Traffic was about as bad as you can get here. 

• Like 1

I think starting in December I'm going to do a week by week pbp of the greatest Dec/Jan winter this area as ever seen. Starting on December 12, 1960 through February 24, 1961 KMDT, which o believe was at capital city airport at time, recorded snow on the ground. December had 22", January 34", and February 9".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well below freezing type cold air really cut off south of Harrisburg.  Plenty of 40's to the south right now.  It is 42 down below me in the valley/Waynesboro.    Shorts and short sleeve day. 

image.png.f63348eeef48057350ff50c87e3c4014.png

28 at FF course with another frost delay 

Lower elevation spots this morning again fell below freezing while here in East Nantmeal on the ridges we could drop no lower than 36.5 degrees. We should see temperatures today run almost 10 degrees above normal today and tomorrow before a sharp turn back to colder than normal to last likely through the remainder of November. Rain chances but not much rain increase Friday evening with the front...models snow up to 0.10" across western portions of the county but less as we head east bound. Looking ahead we finally have a shot at some beneficial rains by next Tuesday...fingers crossed as we need some rain.
Records for today: High 73 (1990) / Low 7 above zero (1908) this was the earliest single digit low temperature in Chester County history. Rain 2.08" (1928) / Snow 1.3" just 5 years ago back in (2018).
image.png.f420132c75ed94c1dd8565067b14e195.png
  • Like 1

Wxrisk.com
We have several different kinds of services for those who do snow removal, whether it's construction snow removal or landscaping snow removal, or what have you. Our prices are almost unchanged from last year... If you are interested in seeing what i can do... drop me a email.. [email protected]
Tell me who you are ....the name of the company... Where you located... and a phone number and/ or email where I can reach you.

• 10h

• Edited

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor
Wxrisk.com
The information that you get in this snow ice forecast is far more comprehensive than what I post here on the facebook page and much sooner as well.

• 10h