• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 54 here.  Peter Sinks back in a big way with the national low of -17 (believe that's the first negative reading this season?).  I think parts of PA see their first snowfall Tuesday night into Wednesday.  #WinterIsComing

Yes! I've been waiting for the first Peter Sinks reading of the season. :)  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes! I've been waiting for the first Peter Sinks reading of the season. :)  

I give the people what they want.  Mr. Historic District is no exception.

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think a lot of diehard baseball fans will be watching. I'm one of them. It's not just about the Orioles to me...I love the game which is bigger than my team. 

I'm with Blizz on this one.  I think the majority of sports fans primarily follow their team and tune out otherwise.  The only sport that transcends this is football.  I know loads of Phillies fans and I can't name a one of them that will be watching this series.  I love the game as well (played it much of my life), and used to consider myself a diehard, but now more of a casual.  I'm not sure why but the game just hasn't felt the same to me since my younger years.  Not sure if it's the over-reliance on analytics and the all or nothing approach that has become so common at the plate but something just rings hollow with me.  I also feel less of a connection with the players these days.  Although I do mostly love the new rules changes.  With the two little ones and a wife who would rather do anything than watch sports, I'll probably only get to tune in to the series for a few fleeting moments.  Outside of Penn State games and Green Bay games, I get very few claims to the TV these days haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I give the people what they want.  Mr. Historic District is no exception.

I'm with Blizz on this one.  I think the majority of sports fans primarily follow their team and tune out otherwise.  The only sport that transcends this is football.  I know loads of Phillies fans and I can't name a one of them that will be watching this series.  I love the game as well (played it much of my life), and used to consider myself a diehard, but now more of a casual.  I'm not sure why but the game just hasn't felt the same to me since my younger years.  Not sure if it's the over-reliance on analytics and the all or nothing approach that has become so common at the plate but something just rings hollow with me.  I also feel less of a connection with the players these days.  Although I do mostly love the new rules changes.  With the two little ones and a wife who would rather do anything than watch sports, I'll probably only get to tune in to the series for a few fleeting moments.  Outside of Penn State games and Green Bay games, I get very few claims to the TV these days haha.

You are probably right. I am not one of them. Never have been. I'm a sports fan who happens to have favorite teams in those sports. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You are probably right. I am not one of them. Never have been. I'm a sports fan who happens to have favorite teams in those sports. 

You are one of the true, the proud, the diehards.  College football is my one sport where I'm probably closest to remaining a diehard, although even they have done their best to turn me off in recent years with the loss of regional rivalries and insane conference realignment.  Allow me to summarize my sports fandom levels, not that anyone asked ha....

NHL - Don't follow and have never had a team, but do enjoy a good playoff hockey game.

NBA - Used to be a fan but not anymore, for too many reasons to list here.  Will still occasionally tune in to a playoff game.

MLB - Used to be a diehard but now a casual, as discussed above.

NFL - Have always been a solid fan, while occasionally bickering about rules changes ha.

NCAA football - Diehard.  Can't get enough of it, while noting the caveat outlined above.

NCAA basketball - What players are playing for which teams again?  Just get to March already.

NCAA olympic sports - Love me some college wrestling and volleyball, as well as a couple other small-time sports.  Some of the purest competition you can get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

Actually hit 80 after checking the mmts this morn.   Had to irrigation systems on this morning.   

We are watering full time again as well (plants).  I am letting the grass slide a bit as we have had some dew.   Both of us are still in D0 on the latest drought map.   Basically the entire southern LSV through Lanco and Chester. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

We are watering full time again as well (plants).  I am letting the grass slide a bit as we have had some dew.   Both of us are still in D0 on the latest drought map. 

This is very late in the season to be watering the courses.  I already know some courses that have drained and winterized their systems.   This time next week will be a real reality check for sure 

• Like 2