• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

@Itstrainingtimedaughter, whoops i mean my daughter turned the air back on last night. 

Our oldest son is home from Houston again, so we had all the kids over last night for dinner. I heard our one daughter say to my wife in the kitchen "mom, why is it still so cold in here?"

I smiled broadly in the living room. 

• Haha 4

Our oldest son is home from Houston again, so we had all the kids over last night for dinner. I heard our one daughter say to my wife in the kitchen "mom, why is it still so cold in here?"
I smiled broadly in the living room. 
I've trained my 8 1/2 year old to love the indoor cold

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And unfortunately, that same map 24 hours later has turned drier:

One thing seems to be holding for the weekend and into next week... we are going to enter our first legit period of cool/colder weather.  The theme of that ULL sitting above us for a few days looks to deliver a colder period, and would not surprise me to hear the "first flakes flyin" posts for some in the NE/lakes region.  VERY marginal temps, but elevations can work their magic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

One thing seems to be holding though... we are going to enter our first legit period of cool/colder weather.  The theme of that ULL sitting above us for a few days looks to deliver a colder period, and would not surprise me to hear the "first flakes flyin" posts for some in the NE/lakes region.  VERY marginal temps, but elevations can work their magic.

Its all getting ready for our Halloween Snowstorm. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And unfortunately, that same map 24 hours later has turned drier:

p168i.gif?1696350340

Yea, I did not look at the Euro recently but the other big 3 were not a lot of rain in South PA. GFS rebuilds the heat dome in the central states next week then migrates it East.  This has been consistent for several runs now.  This is of course after a very chilly weekend and early next week coming up.   First frost for the LSV is possible.  

image.thumb.png.3a23b9f6e760f3d78919e017c458630b.png

• Like 2

Sunday looks like the core of the cold, and 

this

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_23.png

coupled with this

gfs_T850_eus_24.png

would be the catalyst for my first flakes suggestion.  Other globals not as deep wrt 850's, but again, I'd say Allegheny plateau and north into NYS could have a brief window for some mashed taters w/ Sunday dinner.

I thought that might be you I spotted over lunch -- the funny looking guy in a Red Sox hat appearing all confused and befuddled while attempting to bathe in the fountain water.
Not him. I've seen him at the fountain. He bounces around the water like he's Baryshnikov for about thirty seconds like a dog circling around the area it's about to deficate on before cannonballing in.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 2