• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

36 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Yeah. I got hit with something. What's funny is my nose isn't stuffed, I have no cough, and barely a sore throat. On the downside my joints feel like I'm 90, I've never been more tired in my life, and light gives me migraines

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Get a test for Lyme.  Have you found a tick on you recently?

54 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Yeah. I got hit with something. What's funny is my nose isn't stuffed, I have no cough, and barely a sore throat. On the downside my joints feel like I'm 90, I've never been more tired in my life, and light gives me migraines

A bunch of my dad's buddies that he meets at the vfw every Thursday have the almost the exact same symptoms.  They all came down with it around the same time. I believe they all are covid negative. 

2 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

A bunch of my dad's buddies that he meets at the vfw every Thursday have the almost the exact same symptoms.  They all came down with it around the same time. I believe they all are covid negative. 

I just called my dad to check and unfortunately I was wrong. They all tested positive for covid but are already feeling better. 

I just called my dad to check and unfortunately I was wrong. They all tested positive for covid but are already feeling better. 
My test at home was like from early 2021. Going to have a friend pick one up later. Just took my first dose of steroids. Hopefully that helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

My test at home was like from early 2021. Going to have a friend pick one up later. Just took my first dose of steroids. Hopefully that helps.

Hopefully it comes and goes fast. Good news is you should be in good shape into next year as it takes a while for the new strains to develop. Take care.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Hopefully it comes and goes fast. Good news is you should be in good shape into next year as it takes a while for the new strains to develop. Take care.

Surprisingly one place in OC MD (last weekend) was requiring all people to wear masks....I told them my mask was in PA and they gave me a blue one.  Ha.  

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprisingly one place in OC MD (last weekend) was requiring all people to wear masks....I told them my mask was in PA and they gave me a blue one.  Ha.  

On the 1 hand that is surprising, but on the other it still is MD and they were pretty gung-ho with restrictions during rounds 1 and 2.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It was mom and pop places.  Lots of older employees and volunteers...but caught us by surprise as we had no masks with us. 

Ahh, makes sense. 

I haven't been to OC since 2015 I  believe. I have a law school buddy that lives in Salisbury, so we usually will visit he and his wife when were in OC. But since we got the place here, there was Covid and then a cluster of things that have kept us from traveling much, not that I  like to travel. Pretty content not going anywhere actually.  Lol

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Ahh, makes sense. 

I haven't been to OC since 2015 I  believe. I have a law school buddy that lives in Salisbury, so we usually will visit he and his wife when were in OC. But since we got the place here, there was Covid and then a cluster of things that have kept us from traveling much, not that I  like to travel. Pretty content not going anywhere actually.  Lol

I personally like it down there compared to the NJ beaches.    Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, all pretty neat places.    The OC Boardwalk is of course a tourist attraction but outside Florida beaches, OC MD is my favorite Northern beach.   But understand your side in not rushing out to get there.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I personally like it down there compared to the NJ beaches.    Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, all pretty neat places.    The OC Boardwalk is of course a tourist attraction but outside Florida beaches, OC MD is my favorite Northern beach.   But understand your side in not rushing out to get there.  

We went to Nags Head last month, which is our usual spot. But frankly, we took it off the list. They don't clean the houses anymore except for a cursory wipe down...no workers. Nice house and location, but $4800 for a week and all you get is a dirty house that smelled like somebody else's last night dinner was a let down. And when you leave, they give you first shot at renting the same week next year.  Unfortunately, the price jumped to $6200/week!!! Apparently, this year didn't reflect higher mortgage rates and most of those places down there have adjustable mortgages. Honestly, good luck to them but I  am not paying that much even if the place was perfect. Other houses I checked went up proportionately just as much.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mitchnick said:

Here's an example of the problem with these publications.  You don't know if you're getting the FULL story. Like I said, everybody in journalism has an agenda and "scientists" are on the take too. Not all of them, but nobody knows who is and who isn't. And you don't have to read the entire article, just what the Hopkins earth and climate scientist said to get the point.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-scientist-left-out-full-truth-climate-change-wildfire-study-published

Well it's not the publication but the paper they're reporting on. I do agree with some publications and people having their own agendas but saying that and then linking fox news is some ironic stuff lol. I don't really trust any mainstream media and even media that looks independent online has a ton of money being funneled in from specific groups or people. The full paper does exist out there to read in its entirety without interference from publications like this. I just went out found a publication to make it easier to show you guys what the paper was about lol

We went to Nags Head last month, which is our usual spot. But frankly, we took it off the list. They don't clean the houses anymore except for a cursory wipe down...no workers. Nice house and location, but $4800 for a week and all you get is a dirty house that smelled like somebody else's last night dinner was a let down. And when you leave, they give you first shot at renting the same week next year.  Unfortunately, the price jumped to $6200/week!!! Apparently, this year didn't reflect higher mortgage rates and most of those places down there have adjustable mortgages. Honestly, good luck to them but I  am not paying that much even if the place was perfect. Other houses I checked went up proportionately just as much.
That's insane. I feel hold remembering when you could get a mansion with swimming pool, ocean views in duck for 20 ppl easy, and it be 3k

8 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

That's insane. I feel hold remembering when you could get a mansion with swimming pool, ocean views in duck for 20 ppl easy, and it be 3k

Sadly, those days are long gone down there. I predict a tough rental season at OBX next year compared to 22 and 23. Otoh, it's not so bad if you can get a group of families into 1 house, but it's usually been my bright idea to go so I get stuck. Lol No more!

We had some light rain overnight with 0.04" in the bucket. Cloudy today but the sun returns tomorrow with a nice run of rare above normal days for most of the work week. A turn to chillier weather looks to be likely by next weekend with even some 30's and some lower elevation frost possible in about 2 weeks time.
Records for today: High 88 (1986) / 33 (1992) / Rain 2.99" (2010)

image.png.dfe36cfe9d921c2670382afc664fa48a.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Hitting 80+ the first five days of October is going to suck. 

Looking possible...rare I agree with broad brushed heat comments but yesterday's bust low on temps for many may be a prelude to a run of 80's into next weekend.  See a 85+ on a meso. 

More west based heater yesterday. 

CXY-80

HGR-78

MDT-76

THV-76

LNS-74

MDT ends the month of Sept 1.3AN with the low's being the culprit again.

image.png.dabe74753996149f4fdf3f079fd47643.png

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looking possible...rare I agree with broad brushed heat comments but yesterday's bust low on temps for many may be a prelude to a run of 80's into next weekend.  See a 85+ on a meso. 

More west based heater yesterday. 

CXY-80

HGR-78

MDT-76

THV-76

LNS-74

MDT ends the month of Sept 1.3AN with the low's being the culprit again.

image.png.dabe74753996149f4fdf3f079fd47643.png

Lovin our maybe last gasp of heat for the year. 

• Haha 1