• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

Maybe but we have seen over corrections and late ticks east before.  My gut tells me this ends up pretty much right where it’s modeled right now. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It can only go so far west. A LF into SNE ain’t happening. 

Lol…as of 12z today it was Nova Scotia for sure.  This morning it was good bye and adios for NE…yesterday it was congrats Bermuda….folks never learn. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newman said:

GEFS should follow suit with the op run, to no surprise. Through hr48 already slower and the trough is lifting out/less interaction with Lee

The trough has been the key on the last couple model cycles, The slower solutions along with a weaker fleeting trough lifting north gives Lee the room to come west.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dryslot said:

The trough has been the key on the last couple model cycles, The slower solutions along with a weaker fleeting trough gives Lee the room to come west.

Thibgs coming into better view now…that couldn’t be resolved earlier. As we said yesterday and Sunday…there would be changes going forward.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…as of 12z today it was Nova Scotia for sure.  This morning it was good bye and adios for NE…yesterday it was congrats Bermuda….folks never learn. 

Don’t just look at the model output verbatim. Sure, the combo of the initial front moving out faster and a slower cyclone is giving this room to come west but there’s another shortwave over the GL that swings another trough through the OV and kicks it east. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Euro gaining some credit back maybe…be nice to see. 

Euro had this thing curving out to sea for days back in the beginning and only had a couple runs that brought his thing near the cape.  Wouldn’t go that far yet. It’s had the largest model swings of all the big models so far lol.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Don’t just look at the model output verbatim. Sure, the combo of the initial front moving out faster and a slower cyclone is giving this room to come west but there’s another shortwave over the GL that swings another trough through the OV and kicks it east. 

Good point…but we’ll see what happens. I personally didn’t think we’d see this trend happen(I knew it was a possibility but low chance) actually if I’m being honest. And I don’t think we’re done seeing the westward shifts with this now. JMO.  

• Like 1