Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

he's probably not far away, but just a guess.  I've only been following this on here, it's very sad and frustrating.

To me .. just my conjecture.. he’s either been dead since last night.. or is well into Canada . The chances of him still in close proximity there are very low 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He would need to dodge so many cameras though. I would guess his escape plan was/is rural, if he is still alive. 

Yeah, I bet they play the odds and it’s that he’s still in the area bedded down.

But get in an unknown vehicle, shave and alter appearance a bit, maybe hide in plain sight? There’s no way they locked the area down fast enough to stop someone from driving out/away before it became apparent what was happening.  If that guy has a slightly altered appearance (hair color or glasses) and is passing through Scranton, PA, do we think anyone would notice?

The biggest issue is there is a lot of rural acreage in the proximity of here, If he has even minimal hunting skill, You can elude fairly easily unless you slip up, Its not like being in a large city and you can form perimeter to work a subject into a net with only places to hide is in bldgs.

• Like 2

Just now, dryslot said:

The biggest issue is there is a lot of rural acreage in the proximity of here, If he has even minimal hunting skill, You can elude fairly easily unless you slip up, Its not like being in a large city and you can form perimeter to work a subject into a net with only places to hide is in bldgs.

That’s what I was thinking. Head north towards the Allagash or somewhere in Baxter. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, I bet they play the odds and it’s that he’s still in the area bedded down.

But get in an unknown vehicle, shave and alter appearance a bit, maybe hide in plain sight? There’s no way they locked the area down fast enough to stop someone from driving out/away before it became apparent what was happening.  If that guy has a slightly altered appearance (hair color or glasses) and is passing through Scranton, PA, do we think anyone would notice?

I don’t find it hard to believe at all. Especially if they have no idea what kind of vehicle he may have. Remember your comment yesterday how he literally looks like any other middle age dude in NNE? Same thing applies here. If o wasn’t following closely I could look right at the guy and not give a second thought, which could be the plain sight deal.

• Like 1

Myself personally, I have felt that there's more people involved with this and he ditched the vehicle at that boat launch and fled in another vehicle to throw authority's off the scent, He was never going to use the river, There's no escape unless he was crossing it to get into another vehicle.

Just now, dryslot said:

Myself personally, I have felt that there's more people involved with this and he ditched the vehicle at that boat launch and fled in another vehicle to throw authority's off the scent, He was never going to use the river, There's no escape unless he was crossing it to get into another vehicle.

I forgot he ditched that car. Oye.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

With the amount of tech today, it's probably easier to spot someone in those extremely rural areas, no?

1 minute ago, Torch Tiger said:

With the amount of tech today, it's probably easier to spot someone in those extremely rural areas, no?

I think it’s easier in urban areas. You are tracked with multiple cameras in urban areas. You’ll need a trail cam and some luck to catch someone in hundreds of square miles of woods.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I think it’s easier in urban areas. You are tracked with multiple cameras in urban areas. You’ll need a trail cam and some luck to catch someone in hundreds of square miles of woods.

You got it, That was why i said earlier that when they visited that area, They may have set up game cams and got a hit, That's why they returned.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No doubt. No way anyone would notice. I’m not dismissing any possibilities. I can’t fathom though with modern tech and tracking capabilities that we can’t locate him within a general area. Maybe they have and just aren’t sharing it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No doubt. No way anyone would notice. I’m not dismissing any possibilities. I can’t fathom though with modern tech and tracking capabilities that we can’t locate him within a general area. Maybe they have and just aren’t sharing it?

I think he's long gone.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was thinking the thermal tracking stuff, lol if he's not underground he'll stick out like a sore thumb.  etc.

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

They always know more info then they let on, yeah.  I still think he’s in the area…  if he makes it a few days, eventually someone will come home or visit a place to find it was broken into it a home alarm is tripped… and call the police, and the entire weight of US law enforcement will descend on the woods in the area of that burglary.

Like the prison break in N.NY… you think they could be anywhere, but the police know the odds are that people on the run stay local or move slow.

I bet the police are flipping out at every home burglar alarm that gets called in by a security company within most of Maine.

3 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I was thinking the thermal tracking stuff, lol if he's not underground he'll stick out like a sore thumb.  etc.

You have so much area to cover though. Maybe if they knew he was in a certain area,  but not sure what you do if you just don’t know where he is.