Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread

Rtd208

6 minutes ago, FPizz said:

My brother is under that cell in Kutztown and getting hail slightly larger than pea sized.  He said the lightning is intense and thunder super loud.

A spotter in Kutztown reported quarter and dime-size hail around the campus.

I was last up there about 10 years ago (doesn't seem like it) to go to the Folk Festival and Crystal Cave that I hadn't been to in over 40 years, so I have a visualization of the area. :)

And I just hit 95 with dp 76. :yikes:  Will not set foot outside if I can help it. :lol:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 134419.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

A spotter in Kutztown reported quarter and dime-size hail around the campus.

I was last up there about 10 years ago (doesn't seem like it) to go to the Folk Festival and Crystal Cave that I hadn't been to in over 40 years, so I have a visualization of the area. :)

And I just hit 95 with dp 76. :yikes:  Will not set foot outside if I can help it. :lol:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 134419.png

That is funny.  My niece was probably working the folk festival at the time.  :)  Yeah, where I am in NJ it is 95/75

31 minutes ago, FPizz said:

That is funny.  My niece was probably working the folk festival at the time.  :)  Yeah, where I am in NJ it is 95/75

My sister and I and one of my nieces had gone up there.  It really brought back some memories.  I remember when Chief Halftown used to be at Crystal Cave.

There's a lot of Birds' stuff to the west.  Not sure how much will hold together by the time it gets here but it looks pretty rough!

Currently down to 93 with dp 74.

kdix_20230907_1831_BR_0.51.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My sister and I and one of my nieces had gone up there.  It really brought back some memories.  I remember when Chief Halftown used to be at Crystal Cave.

There's a lot of Birds' stuff to the west.  Not sure how much will hold together by the time it gets here but it looks pretty rough!

Currently down to 93 with dp 74.

kdix_20230907_1831_BR_0.51.png

And it's trash night, hope if/any wind is tame.

May slide to the N? (Berks)...

96F/DP 70F

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

And it's trash night, hope if/any wind is tame.

May slide to the N? (Berks)...

96F/DP 70F

I'm going to probably have to put my umbrella down so it doesn't do a Mary Poppins.  It's just that many times when I preemptively do that, I never get the rain! :lol:

Warnings have been lofted N/W.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I'm going to probably have to put my umbrella down so it doesn't do a Mary Poppins.  It's just that many times when I preemptively do that, I never get the rain! :lol:

Warnings have been lofted N/W.

Super dark to my W. I couldn't believe it was only 6:10pm. I thought it was 7:10pm.

I may get clipped...things moving NE.

87F/DP 67F

sd.jpg

25 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Super dark to my W. I couldn't believe it was only 6:10pm. I thought it was 7:10pm.

I may get clipped...things moving NE.

87F/DP 67F

sd.jpg

I finally broke down and decided to go put my patio umbrella down and was treated to an outflow boundary breeze.  It has been knocking the temp down, which is currently down to 84.  But the biggest difference is the dewpoint which is now down to 67.

kdix_20230907_2237_BR_0.51.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I finally broke down and decided to go put my patio umbrella down and was treated to an outflow boundary breeze.  It has been knocking the temp down, which is currently down to 84.  But the biggest difference is the dewpoint which is now down to 67.

kdix_20230907_2237_BR_0.51.png

Trash is out. That 1st round missed by a short distance. I could see lightning galore to my W.

Round 2?

74F/DP 66F

rd2.jpg

synopsis for today.  Hit 94 here in Lower Macungie.  First thundershower  at 1:30 pm few drops of rain most of the t storm went NW toward Schnecksville.  Second round- outflow boundary with gust front at 5pm. Biggest wind storm  in a while. 40 Mph gusts with several dead ash trees falling  in the woods behind my house.  At 5:45pm , the line of t storms finally came though with dime size hail, lots of lighting  and heavy rain. Another round of t- storms came though about 30 minutes ago- nice lighting show. Last look at guage was nearly an inch or more of  very welcomed rainfall. Will be spending tomorrow afternoon cleaning up the debris from the gust front. Leaves are everywhere.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Trash is out. That 1st round missed by a short distance. I could see lightning galore to my W.

Round 2?

74F/DP 66F

rd2.jpg

Round 1 completely evaporated before getting here and round 2 fizzled.  The umbrella jinx continues. :axe:

Currently 77 with dp 67 with some lightning off in the distance.

3 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

synopsis for today.  Hit 94 here in Lower Macungie.  First thundershower  at 1:30 pm few drops of rain most of the t storm went NW toward Schnecksville.  Second round- outflow boundary with gust front at 5pm. Biggest wind storm  in a while. 40 Mph gusts with several dead ash trees falling  in the woods behind my house.  At 5:45pm , the line of t storms finally came though with dime size hail, lots of lighting  and heavy rain. Another round of t- storms came though about 30 minutes ago- nice lighting show. Last look at guage was nearly an inch or more of  very welcomed rainfall. Will be spending tomorrow afternoon cleaning up the debris from the gust front. Leaves are everywhere.

I KNEW something from those clusters of cells had to have bullseyed you. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Round 1 completely evaporated before getting here and round 2 fizzled.  The umbrella jinx continues. :axe:

Currently 77 with dp 67 with some lightning off in the distance.

Thing is, if you don't take it down it will rain/wind and fly in the neighbors yard then you'll have to take a humiliating walk to retrieve it. Other neighbors will look out the window and giggle. I had to fetch many trashcans half way down the block/neighbors yard...

72F/DP 65F