Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,541
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2023 OBS/Discussion Thread


Rtd208
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

You are correct!! As you know I am a bit of a data and weather weenie and I put it there precisely to prove that a poorly sited weather station and climate data can make an approximate 1 degree difference in average temperature. But it also clearly proves that my other 2 stations sited correctly according to NWS standards are accurate for a rural location in the county I live in.

I don't how hard they (stations) are to move around but maybe place them (or 1 of them) in different locations each year and see if you record different data from years past? If it's a PITA, forget about it. I was never into weather stations because I know there are so many variables in placement which I don't know. I just get my Temp/DP etc from Accu Weather and a couple other sites...   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had the warning overnight and took a screenshot of that incoming convective cluster before it finally hit.  Got lots of thunder and lightning out of it but only netted 0.37" of rain (although since the last rain that I had IMBY was 8/30, I'll take it).

Currently a steamy-window 68 with dp 68, and low stratus.

doppler-1102pm-09082023.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I don't how hard they (stations) are to move around but maybe place them (or 1 of them) in different locations each year and see if you record different data from years past? If it's a PITA, forget about it. I was never into weather stations because I know there are so many variables in placement which I don't know. I just get my Temp/DP etc from Accu Weather and a couple other sites...   

I have moved the ambient around from more shaded spots to the south hill most sun exposed location with no real variations...clearly the rooftop station should always be warmest...and not valid - the others are right in line with each other

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In East Nantmeal we picked up 0.08" of rain so far since last night. It appears rain chances will be ramping up across the County later today through Sunday night. We do need the rain as we are now over 4 inches below our normal year to date rainfall through yesterday.
Records for today: High 94 (1959) / Low 38 (1975) / Rain 2.15" (1972)
image.png.1c7ff78813416bde379b4ef9633814dc.png
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

They (manufacture) don't recommend placing it on the roof....do they? Seems like a horrible location especially if your roof is black.

70F/DP 67F (coming down)  

Stuff moving up from the S but may end up W of me again....

st33.jpg

Correct I just wanted to see how much of a difference a poorly sited station can make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul has screamed about the compatibility of his station with others historically. He's pressed me to prove him wrong. Well, here it is:

 

The closest station to him, Coatesville 2W, overlaps for 4 years from 2004-2007. I think those who've paid attention to him realize he probably runs cold for highs. So here's the average high temperature differences from Coatesville to his station during those 4 years, and they make perfect sense given his shady site.

Jan -0.75

Feb -0.45

Mar -0.875

Apr -0.925

May -2.475

Jun -3.15

Jul -3.325

Aug -3.35

Sep -3.05

Oct -2.475

Nov -1.175

Dec -0.825

Ann -1.90208

That pretty much perfectly fits a curve of tree canopy percentage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, famartin said:

Paul, the data clearly shows yours highs have a severe cold bias this time of year. If you don’t like it, frankly it sucks to be you. 

Sigh ..Ray why the anger and the name calling. No place for that here. While I am far from a statistical genius it really is not difficult to see that those 2 data points with more than 1500 data points (days) can't be that incredibly close by chance....hence why they are considered to be statistically equivalent. They just cannot be that close by chance Ray....it just is what it is! And it most certainly does NOT suck to me LOL!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Sigh ..Ray why the anger and the name calling. No place for that here. While I am far from a statistical genius it really is not difficult to see that those 2 data points with more than 1500 data points (days) can't be that incredibly close by chance....hence why they are considered to be statistically equivalent. They just cannot be that close by chance Ray....it just is what it is! And it most certainly does NOT suck to me LOL!!!!

Paul… you’re fighting this is tiresome, that’s why the “name calling”. Your data is simply garbage, like most of your related “climate change” posts. I’ve proven that pretty well just now. But obviously you have an agenda. Obviously if your a rich snob in east nantmeal then I guess overall, it doesn’t suck to be you, but your numbers are trash. Too bad, so sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, famartin said:

Paul… you’re fighting this is tiresome, that’s why the “name calling”. Your data is simply garbage, like most of your related “climate change” posts. I’ve proven that pretty well just now. But obviously you have an agenda. Obviously if your a rich snob in east nantmeal then I guess overall, it doesn’t suck to be you, but your numbers are trash. Too bad, so sad.

I am so sad you are such an angry man Ray...i have never and would never call you any names like you have devolved too above....I can't change the numerical facts as presented above....facts and actual data as I will always present is all we have. Take care Ray!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way I sincerely apologize for Ray's and my posts today. I had asked him to move this conversation out of this forum last evening. We started a discussion there and I thought we agreed to keep it there. Sadly for some reason Ray felt the need to bring it back here and gum up this forum with name calling etc. Apologies again I will keep my posts as always to simple weather facts and observations. Thanks to all for your understanding!!

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the raw high temp numbers. Take all of Paul's highs this time of year and add 3-4 to get something realistic:

  Jan Jan Feb Feb Mar Mar Apr Apr May May Jun Jun Jul Jul Aug  Aug  Sep Sep Oct Oct Nov Nov Dec Dec Ann Ann
  Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal Coatesville E Nantmeal
2004 29.9 29.6 40.4 39.9 51.8 50.9 62.4 61.9 77.4 75.1 79.2 76.1 82.3 78.5 81.8 78 77.1 73.5 62.4 59.4 54.8 53.7 43.4 42.4 61.90833333 59.9166667
2005 36.3 35.7 41.6 41.1 45.2 44.7 65.4 64.6 69.2 66.9 83 80.3 86.3 82.9 85.8 82.3 81.5 81 63.7 63.1 57 56.2 38.2 37.8 62.76666667 61.3833333
2006 47 46.2 41 40.7 51.9 50.8 66 64.7 73.9 71.2 80.2 76.9 87.2 84.1 85 81.8 73.1 69.3 64 61 56.8 55.9 49.8 49 64.65833333 62.6333333
2007 43.7 42.4 32.6 32.1 51.8 50.8 58.5 57.4 76.9 74.3 81.9 78.4 83.8 80.8 83.4 80.5 80.1 75.8 71.5 68.2 51.5 49.6 40.6 39.5 63.025 60.8166667
  39.225 38.475 38.9 38.45 50.175 49.3 63.075 62.15 74.35 71.875 81.075 77.925 84.9 81.575 84 80.65 77.95 74.9 65.4 62.925 55.025 53.85 43 42.175 63.08958333 61.1875
    -0.75   -0.45   -0.875   -0.925   -2.475   -3.15   -3.325   -3.35   -3.05   -2.475   -1.175   -0.825   -1.90208333
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
                                                     
                                        -2.475   -1.175   -0.825   -1.90208
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This one is easier to read. Again, this is raw high temps.

 

    2004 2005 2006 2007   Difference
Jan Coatesville 29.9 36.3 47 43.7 39.225  
Jan E Nantmeal 29.6 35.7 46.2 42.4 38.475 -0.75
Feb Coatesville 40.4 41.6 41 32.6 38.9  
Feb E Nantmeal 39.9 41.1 40.7 32.1 38.45 -0.45
Mar Coatesville 51.8 45.2 51.9 51.8 50.175  
Mar E Nantmeal 50.9 44.7 50.8 50.8 49.3 -0.875
Apr Coatesville 62.4 65.4 66 58.5 63.075  
Apr E Nantmeal 61.9 64.6 64.7 57.4 62.15 -0.925
May Coatesville 77.4 69.2 73.9 76.9 74.35  
May E Nantmeal 75.1 66.9 71.2 74.3 71.875 -2.475
Jun Coatesville 79.2 83 80.2 81.9 81.075  
Jun E Nantmeal 76.1 80.3 76.9 78.4 77.925 -3.15
Jul Coatesville 82.3 86.3 87.2 83.8 84.9  
Jul E Nantmeal 78.5 82.9 84.1 80.8 81.575 -3.325
Aug  Coatesville 81.8 85.8 85 83.4 84  
Aug  E Nantmeal 78 82.3 81.8 80.5 80.65 -3.35
Sep Coatesville 77.1 81.5 73.1 80.1 77.95  
Sep E Nantmeal 73.5 81 69.3 75.8 74.9 -3.05
Oct Coatesville 62.4 63.7 64 71.5 65.4  
Oct E Nantmeal 59.4 63.1 61 68.2 62.925 -2.475
Nov Coatesville 54.8 57 56.8 51.5 55.025  
Nov E Nantmeal 53.7 56.2 55.9 49.6 53.85 -1.175
Dec Coatesville 43.4 38.2 49.8 40.6 43  
Dec E Nantmeal 42.4 37.8 49 39.5 42.175 -0.825
Ann Coatesville 61.90833333 62.76666667 64.65833333 63.025 63.08958333  
Ann E Nantmeal 59.91666667 61.38333333 62.63333333 60.81666667 61.1875 -1.902083333
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
               
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:

By the way I sincerely apologize for Ray's and my posts today. I had asked him to move this conversation out of this forum last evening. We started a discussion there and I thought we agreed to keep it there. Sadly for some reason Ray felt the need to bring it back here and gum up this forum with name calling etc. Apologies again I will keep my posts as always to simple weather facts and observations. Thanks to all for your understanding!!

Paul

Not a problem, don't worry.

83F/That damn DP, 73F

Line forming:

lbw.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...