Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August model and weather disco

weathafella

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

At least during winter we can delude ourselves into pro winter groupthink. This incessant dew vs no dew stuff is almost unbearable to read. 

Maybe I’m biased because I go to the beach when I can or go up to Lake Winni, but I love that summer vibe. Just got back from the Cape, and yesterday and today were great days. Maybe a bit too cool yesterday but lots of sun. I love that sunblock coconut smell, with the humidity in the air while ripping back a cold one…..or dining seaside with  a G&T and a nice fried Scallop plate. That’s fucking summer right there. 

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe I’m biased because I go to the beach when I can or go up to Lake Winni, but I love that summer vibe. Just got back from the Cape, and yesterday and today were great days. Maybe a bit too cool yesterday but lots of sun. I love that sunblock coconut smell, with the humidity in the air while ripping back a cold one…..or dining seaside with  a G&T and a nice fried Scallop plate. That’s fucking summer right there. 

What I love most about NE is the four seasons. I love seasons in seasons. I know spring is dicey in NNE but down here April can be excellent. It’s a little sad losing daylight but fall is probably my favorite season now. 

Dews or not a sunny day in the mid 80s is summer to me. 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What I love most about NE is the four seasons. I love seasons in seasons. I know spring is dicey in NNE but down here April can be excellent. It’s a little sad losing daylight but fall is probably my favorite season now. 

Pretty soon we’ll just be two seasons. Super high dews and high dews

51 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I just feel like Summer is the season where I have the most fun with friends and family and that’s where memories are made. I love winter, but other than my personal weenie-ness, not a whole lot made lol. Except for my son I guess. He’s a big weenie now.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just feel like Summer is the season where I have the most fun with friends and family and that’s where memories are made. I love winter, but other than my personal weenie-ness, not a whole lot made lol. Except for my son I guess. He’s a big weenie now.

Summer is certainly easier. Go snowmobiling or skiing. Plenty of memories there.

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Interesting way to frame it. It’s true, though most of my friends and family memories are skiing.  Without that though, winter would be a real tough season to put up with the never ending darkness and clouds.

Summer is a vibe like you said. Winter is more like waiting for a singular weather event that may or may not happen.