Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs 2023

yotaman

22 minutes ago, eyewall said:

And of course I missed it. I wasn't out there. I don't feel any motivation to chase anymore after that.

A clean, long track, low precipitation supercell tornado. That happens so rarely here I cannot remember the last one. This was a significant tornado too. 

6 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

A clean, long track, low precipitation supercell tornado. That happens so rarely here I cannot remember the last one. This was a significant tornado too. 

Exactly why I feel so deflated right now when it comes to chasing. I know this was a rare chance.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Several multi-storied houses leveled 

It is going to be an EF-2 or 3 for sure. NWS sure waiting a long time to pull the tor when a CC drop was present for multiple frames.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, eyewall said:

It is going to be an EF-2 or 3 for sure. NWS sure waiting a long time to pull the tor when a CC drop was present for multiple frames.

I think we need to give NWS a little room here.  A bit premature

24 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

NWS preliminary rating of a high-end EF2. We’ll see what the damage survey reveals but there’s definitely the chance this was a EF3 tornado based on some of the pictures and video floating around 

yeah depends on the construction of some of these homes.

44 minutes ago, yotaman said:

To be fair, there was no indication that something like this could even have happened yesterday.

That is true although it was mainly work that prevented me from going. I was going to get ahead of the mini supercell when it was coming through southern Wake County but overall you are right.

The heat and humidity has been awful all week here with mid to upper 90s highs and DPs averaging in the low 70s. All of my walking for the last month+ has been on the treadmill in AC. That's not unusual for most of the summer. I miss my summer trips to the  beautiful and so comfortable CO Rockies! Maybe I'll go back there again at some point.

• Like 1

Miami's high today of 98 was a record high. Since records started there in 1895 only one day has been hotter, 7/21/1942's 100!

Edit: Miami's mean so far today is 90. If the AM low of 82 holds up for today's low, the 90 mean would tie with 7/24/1983 for the hottest mean on record!

• Like 3