• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

Except for a few spots, the mid-week and weekend did not live up to the model (and flood risk) hype so far but still glad to get rain for the vegetation. 
I've had about 1.25" since Wednesday. Before that I had 1.58" for whole month and 0.44" for May. So I am still thrilled

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I spent a week in Phoenix a while back and honestly thought it wasn't as bad as a 70 dew point 90+ degree day over here lol
Last time I was there it was 101, but with super dry air and breeze I was cold whenever I got out of pool. Crazy different experience than here.

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I spent a week in Phoenix a while back and honestly thought it wasn't as bad as a 70 dew point 90+ degree day over here lol

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

Last time I was there it was 101, but with super dry air and breeze I was cold whenever I got out of pool. Crazy different experience than here.

You guys are both right. 100+ in the shade when it's super dry feels much better than even say 88 with a 72 dewpoint. Once the monsoon hits, it's a different story. 

While it doesn't happen everyday, you can get days where it's 108 with a 65-70 dewpoint, and then it gets brutal.

Well, I experienced multiple torrential downpours yesterday, both at the wedding and the drive home, but nothing fell all day here at the house. My four day total (or however many days we’re up to at this point ha) stands at an even .5”. Chances look slightly better than previously thought for today and tomorrow looks fun. Staying positive! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, I experienced multiple torrential downpours yesterday, both at the wedding and the drive home, but nothing fell all day here at the house. My four day total (or however many days we’re up to at this point ha) stands at an even .5”. Chances look slightly better than previously thought for today and tomorrow looks fun. Staying positive! 

I live about 20 miles or so from Sunbury all I got yesterday was a few drops.

• Like 1

Nice to see the sun to start today but clouds and showers will again be on the increase by late today. Any storms could have some heavy rain. Tomorrow storms and possibly some severe ones are likely especially tomorrow afternoon and night. It stays wet through Wednesday and we again turn cooler by that evening. Less chances of rain to end out the work week. We have received 4.02" of rain in the last 13 days.
Records for today: High 98 (1943) / Low 46 (1979) / Rain 1.20" (1912)
image.png.6dc028b43de32d334f90d09c4067aa35.png