Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No one asked me but sitting in it and saying it's "nice" ?  that requires either lying, or ... washing one's self into believing their own narrative (muah haha gaslighting ) 

Yeah it’s sort of like sitting in -20F and saying “this is comfortable”… it does seem like those who want it, like it because it’s noticeable and noticeable is exciting in a sense.  It’s the uncomfortableness that is the driving factor.

That’s probably why some truly have no use for truly comfortable weather… it’s boring.

They want to go to Grad parties or gatherings and have everyone comment on how humid it is, how smokey it is, how hot it is, how wet it is, how dry it is, etc.  Pleasant is boring is how I understand it.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I can’t figure out the euro and it’s weird south coast fetish with QPF.

It's still got it but it's been slowly coming down. Instead of 10" over the friction deformation, as of 06z it was down 4" just south of Tolland CT

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s sort of like sitting in -20F and saying “this is comfortable”… it does seem like those who want it, like it because it’s noticeable and noticeable is exciting in a sense.  It’s the uncomfortableness that is the driving factor.

That’s probably why some truly have no use for truly comfortable weather… it’s boring.

They want to go to Grad parties or gatherings and have everyone comment on how humid it is, how smokey it is, how hot it is, how wet it is, how dry it is, etc.  Pleasant is boring is how I understand it.

Oh absolutely ( bold ^)  ... That's what drives the return user-ship, and what at times even seems a bit like obsessive wait-on the model cycles. It's really just about the excitement.    For all the wrong-way-rub of one infamous Forky poster, he's been spot on in the past when his usual proclivity for zero restraint ( haha ...) uttered, " I think you people care less about the storm and more about the modeling of it " 

It's really more about perpetuity of the stimulus among us. It's our particular chosen genre for "doom scrolling"  We use the weather cinema provided by models, for and no differently than the general dystopian problem in tech cultural societies of the globe, that are in a kind of 'mass-psychotrophic' ... if not addiction, affliction and reliance - one that creates a faux reality about the world.  But that's wildly digressing at that point... 

I mean right - I'm not a PHD sociologist or psychologist or whatever, but when you generate your own hypothesis, based on real observations about the world around you, and then credible, unaffiliated agencies start publishing papers and airing documentaries ( 60 Minutes ... be it "The Social Dilemma" ...etc, etc..), parroting those hypothesis, one tends to believe they are right.   And I do - 

It's not really complicated to prove anyway.  If the power goes out and there's no access to the ongoing model cinema, all the yo-yoing joy to disappointment of model-cycle consternation, be it want of heat and DP in the summer, or blizzards and ice storms in the winter, it all evaporates. That's the proof. 

Sorry - I'm reading Noah Harari's book, "Sapiens:  A Brief History Of Humankind"  ( a parody title borrowed from Hawking's "A Brief History Of Time," no doubt).  So it has me sort of gaslighted and turned onto these facets and particularly enraged right now.  hahaha.   His book does a brilliant job of using real history to expose how just about everything related to human history and ongoing practice of behavior, is based on illusions of reality.. it's so deliciously dystopian, without even being dystopic in turn of phrase.   ho man -

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Last two runs of the operational GFS backdoors - end tread necessity.  

key here may be triple point. Also may have a plume of steeper lapse rates. Best overall potential may be just to our southwest but if we can get some rich theta-e into parts of the region we'll have something to watch for. 

Holy shitness Bat Man!

CNN's headline page banners, "Apparent Insurrection Underway In Russia"

uhh... Yeah, I guess it's a specter that's been looming.  This Wagner chief, ...railing on as a recent antagonist against his own government was a sort of wake up call. 

Why CNN also reports that U.S. officials were caught of guard might just be CNN invent-a-click news reporting but we'll see... 

And we'll see if any of the above is true.  But wow - historic if so...

• Like 1