• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

We had several occasions for shoveling last year over here but none this year of course. 

Exactly… MDT had around 16 inches last year. It certainly wasn’t a good year last season, but I needed the shovel a few times.

2021, we had lots of shoveling opportunities with MDT getting 36 inches of snow.

This year, sadly no shovel was needed for me!

14 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Exactly…good luck to the northern tier.

This is a back yard sport for many of us…

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Exactly… MDT had around 16 inches last year. It certainly wasn’t a good year last season, but I needed the shovel a few times.

2021, we had lots of shoveling opportunities with MDT getting 36 inches of snow.

This year, sadly no shovel was needed for me!

Following your own words, just remember that not everyone lives in Marysville and even fewer of us live at MDT. :) There was no shoveling in Maytown for the past 2 years. (I had a storm that dropped about 5" on my yard last winter, but there was 1" at most on my driveway, which melted in minutes. 

13 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well...I do see boats out on the river down here in the dead of winter, but today it seems like everyone is out and about. 

Fishing is starting to pickup. The smallmouth are hungry, but the wind has been terrible. High gust yesterday was 44mph.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Following your own words, just remember that not everyone lives in Marysville and even fewer of us live at MDT. :) There was no shoveling in Maytown for the past 2 years. (I had a storm that dropped about 5" on my yard last winter, but there was 1" at most on my driveway, which melted in minutes. 

2 seasons in a row that my snowblower collected dust!

Hopefully next season it gets a workout!

A sunny start to the week but clouds increase and some rain by late today. Dry and cooler most of the week before warmer weather by Friday but also rain Friday night into Saturday...but may approach 70 degrees in the rain on Saturday!
Records for today: High 85 (1921) / Low 17 (1982) / Rain 1.85" (1983) / Snow 1.5" (1959)
image.png.85f8008fb83af49aae913ff9fd70eaf4.png

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

2 seasons in a row that my snowblower collected dust!

Hopefully next season it gets a workout!

On a good note I picked up almost a brand new snowblower dirt cheap.

Next season needs to be a good one!

Nooner 60 degrees, partly cloudy.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I wonder if it is good for a snowblower to not be used for several years (engine lube, etc..)

Same as any other small engine, the gaskets can dry out and become damaged if its sits to long . If there is gas in it change it out and run it for a few mins twice a year. Its more important than other small engines to use the right oil in snowblowers. Because they will always be operated in low temps there is more gap clearance between piston and cylinder so you will lose alot of compression if the oil is wrong.