Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

2 hours ago, anthonyweather said:

Went from 24 consistent hours of 2-4” to close to nothing

I will remember this winter for the skyrocketing utilities, the warmth and my suppressed screams as every predicted snowfall went down, down, down. 

• Like 1

This is what the crystal ball at Wunderground says about Williamsport at 11:45:

11:45 PM - 12:30 AM

TYPE
ACCUMULATION
Heavy Snowfall light rain
1.00 in

12:30 AM - 12:45 AM

TYPE
ACCUMULATION
Moderate Snowfall light rain
0.23 in

12:45 AM - 2:15 AM

TYPE
ACCUMULATION
Heavy Snowfall light rain
1.55 in

2:15 AM - 4:45 AM

TYPE
ACCUMULATION
Moderate Snowfall light rain
1.35 in

33ºF and moderate to heavy snow falling currently with a brisk NNE breeze, a rare combo in this winter. Precip arrival a couple hours ago didn’t mess around p-type wise and this has actually been mainly snow here. Accums starting in the grass and deck, too bad the back edge is coming. 

• Like 3

12:38 Updated Area Forecast Discussion:

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 7 AM THIS MORNING/...
An area of fast moving bands of snow, some moderate to heavy, is moving along as expected. Conditions starting to improve at BFD, while snow has made it to the office here. While the
temperatures across the southeast are still above freezing, much of the area to the north is near or just below  freezing.

Gusty northeast winds early this morning will continue to pull in colder and drier air.

7 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

33ºF and moderate to heavy snow falling currently with a brisk NNE breeze, a rare combo in this winter. Precip arrival a couple hours ago didn’t mess around and this has actually been mainly snow here. Accums starting in the grass and deck, too bad the back edge is coming. 

It seems strange that it is just going to kind of shut off. It is going good here, I can see it coming down as I type and this is definitely one of our better periods of snow this year here in Williamsport. I am sorry it won't last longer and that others didn't get it. 

I’m not typically the snowmap poster on things past D5 or so but the 0z Euro was fun. 

Event #1 Fri night into Sat

image.thumb.png.bf20c80507eff46200c18494c37e1179.png

Event #2 the following Tues/Wed

image.thumb.png.e89330cec27a352a0b9117e2ba5ff1bf.png

Just a complete coastal detonation in eastern PA on this second system. I’ll actually buy that solution if @Voyagerhappens to be visiting Tamaqua next week. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Wrapup: Snow ended here around 3:00 and when I opened front door, I could hear drip drip drip of it already melting. I didn't expect that at 32.  I tried to give a good account in case anybody ever wanted to look back on this little snowstorm.

Looks like we here will be at low end for next week's Tues/Wed storm. 

We are going to have gusty winds here the next few days. Maybe you all will, too. 

Today
Partly sunny this morning, then clearing. Blustery with highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph this afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy and blustery. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
Wednesday
Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Thursday
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.

3 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I’m not typically the snowmap poster on things past D5 or so but the 0z Euro was fun. 

Event #1 Fri night into Sat

image.thumb.png.bf20c80507eff46200c18494c37e1179.png

Event #2 the following Tues/Wed

image.thumb.png.e89330cec27a352a0b9117e2ba5ff1bf.png

Just a complete coastal detonation in eastern PA on this second system. I’ll actually buy that solution if @Voyagerhappens to be visiting Tamaqua next week. 

Storm #2 on the Euro next Monday into Tuesday could be the one that delivers the @Itstrainingtime  March historic storm.

We just need to move it 50 to 100 miles west to get @Bubbler86 & @MAG5035 into the good stuff this run!

7417CF9C-E0FB-42E9-8D3D-B0CE4FB8BB5D.png

02A46404-3575-4BAE-BB0C-06D598DC5773.png

EE353807-AB03-4030-9CE6-2BB7B6917930.png

• Thanks 1

Good morning all!  Just some flurries here in the capital district.  Laporte got 8 inches of snow last night, because of course they did.  Also, Peter Sinks, UT hit -41.  Just thought you should know.  Not gonna lie, I'm pretty amped to check out today's 12z suite.  Just so many possibilities.  Everything from complete shutout to snowapalooza is on the table.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good morning all!  Just some flurries here in the capital district.  Laporte got 8 inches of snow last night, because of course they did.  Also, Peter Sinks, UT hit -41.  Just thought you should know.  Not gonna lie, I'm pretty amped to check out today's 12z suite.  Just so many possibilities.  Everything from complete shutout to snowapalooza is on the table.

No precip here in Maytown - at least nothing measurable. Clouds and peeks of sun with a brisk breeze and 38 currently.

As I've been mentioning...a whole gamut of solutions out there for the next week or two. The GFS this morning had a BEAST on the east coast at the end of my window.

Isn't there some truth that a KU event often comes as the pattern breaks down?...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No precip here in Maytown - at least nothing measurable. Clouds and peeks of sun with a brisk breeze and 38 currently.

As I've been mentioning...a whole gamut of solutions out there for the next week or two. The GFS this morning had a BEAST on the east coast at the end of my window.

Isn't there some truth that a KU event often comes as the pattern breaks down?...

A departing cold mass makes a perfect way for a low to climb but not face suppression. 

• Thanks 1

Perusing the start of 12Z/Nooners.  Nam has WAA snow in PA Friday afternoon but rain for the LSV.  Low position is slightly south of 6Z.  Too far out to put much stock in extrapolating IMO but not a lot of bagginess on the SE coast at hour 84 but some semblance of something near NC/SC.    RGEM slightly further south with the blocked cutter and more bagineess in the SE allowing the LSV to stay snow at that time frame.  RGEM has low forming on NC/VA border.   Icon loser to the Nam and does not really form much south of us until it is heading to the East. 

Later on,  the Icon spreads snow and rain over PA as a Chatanooga Choo Choo Approaches SW PA Sunday night while a new system forms off NC then heads east for a bit before being captured/phasing and pulled back toward New England.  Not real impressive for most of us and even rain to start for NE.   Having the low pivot back north is a big improvment from 0Z though. 

• Like 1