• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

18Z GFS spins up a monster off shore for ITT2.  Some comments on the MA suggesting it "just missed".  It may be a little worse than just missed IMO but you move the whole setup west a bit and we have a super storm.  Mid 960's pressure for the fishes here. The GFS really does a similar thing all 3 ITT's.  Make a run for the lakes then Miller B past us.  

image.thumb.png.5fa720d7cf0a33314371b0a17c5bb549.png

image.png.8597c4c9712e0989bd6a1a82c0831094.png

The one thing a super bomb offshore risks is changing up the Vodka Cold/best since 1960 JB thoughts.  Pulling ocean air from Georges Bank to the Baltimore Canyon is not exactly going to freeze us out.  The lack of a system cutting to our northwest or north limits the chances for drainage into the country.  Scanning through the 2M temp maps from 18Z yesterday vs. 18Z today shows a drastic difference. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The one thing a super bomb offshore risks is changing up the Vodka Cold/best since 1960 JB thoughts.  Pulling ocean air from Georges Bank to the Baltimore Canyon is not exactly going to freeze us out.  The lack of a system cutting to our northwest or north limits the chances for drainage into the country.  Scanning through the 2M temp maps from 18Z yesterday vs. 18Z today shows a drastic difference. 

JB’s VODKA cold is cancelled. 

• Haha 1

Channel 16 at 7:00 weather guy said there will be 10-15 mile corridor that should see 4-6 inches and it will include both Northern and Southern Lycoming County. Some places will get warnings.

Williamsport is in Southern Lycoming County.  He had us down for 4 inches on his map. Will we actually get it? No bets here. Will I be sorry tomorrow that I still didn't spray my boots after six weeks? I will have to let you know.

7:20 Update. I went to weather.gov and clicked into pink warning area to my north. This is for Renovo, possible more than Channel 16 said: 

Tonight
Rain and snow before 3am, then a chance of snow between 3am and 5am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 27. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

10 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Channel 16 at 7:00 weather guy said there will be 10-15 mile corridor that should see 4-6 inches and it will include both Northern and Southern Lycoming County. Some places will get warnings.

Williamsport is in Southern Lycoming County.  He had us down for 4 inches on his map. Will we actually get it? No bets here. Will I be sorry tomorrow that I still didn't spray my boots after six weeks? I will have to let you know.

Potentially exciting night for you guys.  Even if you do not get 4", a 2-4" snow would be great this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Potentially exciting night for you guys.  Even if you do not get 4", a 2-4" snow would be great this season.

I updated my post. NWS calling for Renovo to get 5-9. What a surprise if they and others get close to double digits.

Given the season, you are right. This is all unexpected excitement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoralRed said:

Will we get this in North Central PA? We have all night to find out.

image.png.48556ab806079623a66e04f046a6aac0.png

Certainly looking pretty good for verified warning totals pretty much where they have them placed looking at current radar trends with that heavy band. The few 511 cams and RWIS up on that US 6 corridor are already getting pounded by heavy snow. I’ll bet PA 144 and 44 between Renovo and Coudersport is quite an adventure right now. 

US 219/US 6

1328105142_511PA2.thumb.png.6e018b2a6c36f871122d9c0e7e3a8e57.png

US 6 east of Coudersport

1810741449_511PA3.thumb.png.881727dfc7ede2bfa00b1f2a4349da18.png

• Like 4

9:05p: Realized all was quiet -- no more raindrops hitting porch -- so looked out and yes, lightly snowing now. Last outbound bus went by quickly like they wanted to do their run and get home ASAP, which is probably true. 34 now and will be 32 all night. Wunderground's hourly says 4 inches by 2:00, nothing after that. 

Not many up here in North Central PA. Maybe one of the other people will chime in too. I hope so.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

9:05p: Realized all was quiet -- no more raindrops hitting porch -- so looked out and yes, lightly snowing now. Last outbound bus went by quickly like they wanted to do their run and get home ASAP, which is probably true. 34 now and will be 32 all night. Wunderground's hourly says 4 inches by 2:00, nothing after that. 

Not many up here in North Central PA. Maybe one of the other people will chime in too. I hope so.

I figured @pawatch would have some good obs tonight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

I am certainly guilty of watching models when storms are knocking,

But taking a look at the latest NAM really crushes the Lehigh Valleys dreams of more then a dusting..

On my phone but though hrrr and 3k showed at least an inch.  Is it north of you on the maps?  That heavy band is really skinny.