Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Tropical Tracking Thread

SnowenOutThere

3 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

I figured as much :lol: - Mondays really suck. At least we likely will have *something* tropical to track probably

I just got accepted into an emergency management class the week of the 25th that I've been waitlisted for 3 years on. It won't be offered again until autumn 2024. Bank on a hurricane canceling the class.

• Like 6
  • Weenie 1

We have Nigel. Staying below MH will be big for the forecast, though I think I’ll end up too low with NS at this point. We’ll see. 

WxWatcher007 Peak Season Forecast (Aug 20-Oct 20)
Named Storms: 13 (10)
Hurricanes: 6 (4)
Major Hurricanes: 3 (3)

Emily, Franklin (MH), Gert, Harold, Idalia (MH), Jose, Katia, Lee (MH), Margot (H), Nigel

• Like 1

BAD news!!!!  The ECM kills the weekend system.  Erodes the BH and strings out ATC.

Weaker system rides north from Florida by Tuesday giving lighter rain to IA.

I still have my fingers crossed for pouring rain next Saturday and Sunday. Go GFS and GEM!!!

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro on a different planet for the weekend

12z run made a move to a stronger upper ridge over Hudson Bay, and thus a stronger surface HP just to the SE in eastern Canada. Acting as more of a block rather than a progressive high. Suppresses the SE LP/forces the deep moisture more offshore.

GFS and CMC disagree.

The next weekend weather hinges on the strength and tenacity of potentially blocking HP over the north Atlantic.

The 18z GFS is trying to cave to the ECM by slightly weakening the HP and displacing  150 miles to the SE. This disrupts the trajectory of Atlantic moist feed into the system which still comes inland.

Saturday would be the wettest day in this scenerio.

Looks like Nigel with its tractor tire eye will struggle to get to MH status. We're watching a lemon off the SE coast and cherry in the MDR. The MDR is slowing down for the absurd pace of the last four weeks as expected, and my forecast is looking excellent so far.

Probably turning to homebrew season now.  

WxWatcher007 Peak Season Forecast (Aug 20-Oct 20)
Named Storms: 13 (10)
Hurricanes: 6 (5)
Major Hurricanes: 3 (3)

Emily, Franklin (MH), Gert, Harold, Idalia (MH), Jose, Katia, Lee (MH), Margot (H), Nigel (H)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stormy said:

The ECMWF now says nobody inland of the bay gets any rain on the weekend.

The North Atlantic HP collapses to the southeast opening up a clear escape route from building HP over eastern Canada.

GFS and GGEM are hanging on.

Euro has been garbage for about a year now. 

• Like 2