Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22 - 25 possible historic wintery/mix/rain event obs

Hurricane Agnes

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Dafuq is this guy?

I blame RedSky for making me watch his chasers in FL & SC chasing Hurricane Ian. :lol:

Looks like the coastal is pushing some heavier blobs up from the south.  Am currently at 46 with dp 45 and very light rain with 0.68" for the event so far.  The wind gusts continue to increase as well.

18 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I blame RedSky or making me watch his chasers in FL & SC chasing Hurricane Ian. :lol:

Looks like the coastal is pushing some heavier blobs up from the south.  Am currently at 46 with dp 45 and very light rain with 0.68" for the event so far.  The wind gusts continue to increase as well.

He's live.

It's windy.

He's going nuts as this travels East, Dallas will be colder than Maine?

Leon Lett?

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

In a way that's cool and all for a White Christmas...but too much of a good thing. Last thing I want to be doing the morning of the 25th is thinking survival and digging escape routes just to be able to get out of my home in the event of a medical emergency or otherwise. A white ground and mood flakes is plenty nuff for me for Dec 25 tbh. 

BTW off-topic but you're an old head like me.....taking my 13 year old to see his first concert next Sept...Skynyrd/ZZ Top. Not a massive fan of either but I enjoy their hits and am looking forward to bonding with the boy, enjoying the night and the music. You are soooo lucky to have seen Floyd in their prime. I envy this!

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

In a way that's cool and all for a White Christmas...but too much of a good thing. Last thing I want to be doing the morning of the 25th is thinking survival and digging escape routes just to be able to get out of my home in the event of a medical emergency or otherwise. A white ground and mood flakes is plenty nuff for me for Dec 25 tbh. 

BTW off-topic but you're an old head like me.....taking my 13 year old to see his first concert next Sept...Skynyrd/ZZ Top. Not a massive fan of either but I enjoy their hits and am looking forward to bonding with the boy, enjoying the night and the music. You are soooo lucky to have seen Floyd in their prime. I envy this!

JFK was the shit, big PIG flying over the stadium....damn!

Some of the cold temps reporting rolling in from the West is nuts....

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Seen Skynyrd at the Mann, Neil Young, Steve Miller, Ozzfest, Moody Blues, Yes and Iron Maiden as well. Hanged outside/tailgated for John Cougar, Steve Miller there as well...good times.

• Like 1

Media Delaware County currently cloudy 45 dp 42 highest I saw here was 53 falling since.  Wind SW 15-30 total rain 1.38 overnight pressure 29.22 falling. noticed that the dewpoint is falling pretty fast so drier air is sweeping in which potentially will change the rain band or thunderstorms pretty quickly to heavy snow at frontal passage. 

• Weenie 1

One of my BIL's is from Dayton, OH and some years he and my sis would drive out there for Christmas (they were there at Thanksgiving this year) and I just checked and it's -9!  Many of the times they did go out there this time of year, they always ended up getting caught in some kind of snow/frozen either while there or on the way there this time of year.

Currently 44 with dp 44 and some light rain has started up again here, with 0.50" in the bucket sofar.

dayton-oh-temp-8am-12232022.PNG

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

One of my BIL's is from Dayton, OH and some years he and my sis would drive out there for Christmas (they were there at Thanksgiving this year) and I just checked and it's -9!  Many of the times they did go out there this time of year, they always ended up getting caught in some kind of snow/frozen either while there or on the way there this time of year.

Currently 44 with dp 44 and some light rain has started up again here, with 0.50" in the bucket sofar.

dayton-oh-temp-8am-12232022.PNG

I love how W 22 G 32 MPH is just "breezy"!