Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Medium/Long Range Pattern Discussion Thread

Carvers Gap

23 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Great look at 162 on the 12z gfs. 

Yep! Taken verbatim, that's WWA criteria for northern middle TN but barely. The gradient is really steep on the SE side of the transition zone. Upper plateau looks to be sitting better on the GFS compared to the 0z Euro. Trying to figure out if I chase to Mount Vernon or Evansville next Wednesday.

• Like 2

Just now, *Flash* said:

Yep! Taken verbatim, that's WWA criteria for northern middle TN but barely. The gradient is really steep on the SE side of the transition zone. Upper plateau looks to be sitting better on the GFS compared to the 0z Euro. Trying to figure out if I chase to Mount Vernon or Evansville next Wednesday.

What comes after that is just crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

It’s Saturday so happy hour started at noon. Half price well drinks until 18z! 

True that.   I always preface my post to friends with...but this is the GFS.  LOL

Thar cold shot is on most models.  Some hold it in the west.  Some get it to the Apps.  This GFS run got it to the coast.  The CMC had it, but it ran out of time.

• Like 3

I'll probably eat this at 18z, but the past couple of iterations of the GFS seem to do well at guestimating timing for big HPs dropping down the lee of the Rockies. It's OP runs have had them pretty consistently for a few cycles now. I think some cold is def. dropping down, just have to hope it makes it east. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

There is a likely warmup coming after the 5th.  The really question I have is do we do the same thing that we did in December - go very cold and then go warm?

Not going to lie.  I hope that warmup is the 3rd-5th. My daughter has a soccer showcase tournament in Gatlinburg that weekend.  Wx like today would be much appreciated! 

• Like 2

There is a likely warmup coming after the 5th.  The really question I have is do we do the same thing that we did in December - go very cold and then go warm?

Maybe it’s me but our “warm ups” this season haven’t been all that warm IMO. We have had a few days in the 60’s, one or two in the 70’s but it seems like most of our temps have been 45-55 and cloudy. Might be me though.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic