• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Christmas Cold & maybe snow?! Dec 23rd-30th

Wurbus

Wonder if that means they resolved the generation issue they had or if they are supplimenting with energy bought outside TVA region. Wish they'd tell us what power generation plant/station went offline and what happened.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

I've lived in the valley of east Tennessee since 1989, I cannot recall a daytime temp peaking at 8 degrees. My weather station has been fluctuating between 6 and 8 degrees all day. The coldest day time temp I can recall since we moved here when I was 10 years old is in the low to mid teens for daytime hours. My forecast high from MRX yesterday was a high of 16, not going to hit that. I suspect tonight may go negative air temp.

All that said my official high for the day is 45, just after midnight. Lol

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

This is the coldest afternoon here since Feb.'96 that I can recall. I did have recorded Climate Data back to the late 70's but lost some accidentally in a moving process and some with a computer crash. Ido recall afternoon readings in the single digits in Jan. 77, Jan 78, Jan. 82, 85 and 86, and Dec.89, Jan. 96. 

Coldest Highs ever recorded, -4 Degrees Jan. '85 and '96. Coldest low, -27 Jan. '85 and -21 Feb. 96.

• Like 4

So far my official low was 3 and my daytime high was about 9 here in Knoxville. While I didn't get any snow, the cold is impressive! I'm not sure last time Knoxville had a daytime high in the single digits with no snow cover on the ground, but I know it has been a long while. image.thumb.png.9dbccc5e01f6390c1ff85b46c03dabaf.png

• Like 4

Even here, the pixie dust has increased for the time. I have a nice dusting again on some surfaces. I sure wasn’t expecting that. I thought that after last night failed that would be it. However, as often it seems is the case in NE TN, the day after the storm, snow showers and patches/small bands form and move through the area. This time is a little different though, bc besides out west, I have never seen it snow at 2 degrees where I currently am sitting.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic