Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2022-2023 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

6 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

Le sigh… a suppression depression storm might be the icing on top of this boring winter cake that takes me out until December

Looks like a few waves for now, but as I said this entire setup beyond Feb 1 could still morph. It is actually close to a morphed look as hints the TPV hauling ass out faster and the SER return flow pumping again. Could also slow down under a confluent flow and cause more suppression....it's a subtle detail that could have a major impacts. 

But with these waves they traditionally move the boundary around, so we could see the first setting up near our region and the followup more suppressed etc. Doubtful that we don't see ANY flakes but we just can't know yet how these waves are going to play out. Each one is interdependent on its predecessor so it is more of a 30 hr forecasting type week and not 120 hrs out. The pieces are there for 1 or 2 modest events (probably not a BIG storm tho that is subjective if we are relating this to the lack of any real snow so far), lets see what happens.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the EC has sortof caved to the suppressed/slider idea that the GFS has been showing.

I think it's gonna depend on the position and amount of amplification of the western ridge.

I would wait for now since at least the 2/3 - 2/5 storm is still over a week away and we have seen these midrange undulations before.

Looks like my low was 31 this morning and am currently 33 and partly cloudy with dp 25.

• Like 1

Today will be a near normal day today with highs in the mid to upper 30's. The weekend looks mostly cloudy with a slight chance of some showers on Sunday night (Go Birds!) It looks like we will start off February with below normal temperatures and maybe a couple shots at some snow....but the way this season has gone I would not hold my breath for snow!
The record high for today is 71 degrees from 1916. Our record low is 2 below zero from 1987. Daily precipitation record is 1.46" from 1990. The daily snow mark is the 6.5" that fell today in 1941.
image.png.da53fc67290134d0916c41df9474f9a3.png

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like the EC has sortof caved to the suppressed/slider idea that the GFS has been showing.

I think it's gonna depend on the position and amount of amplification of the western ridge.

I would wait for now since at least the 2/3 - 2/5 storm is still over a week away and we have seen these midrange undulations before.

Looks like my low was 31 this morning and am currently 33 and partly cloudy with dp 25.

I think the ensemble suites offer more hope, which is good. 

6 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Has the ICON ever scored a coup?? :arrowhead:   It's all we got at 12z so far.

I'm not big dog hunting, just want a 1-3"/2-4" to cover the grass and isn't washed away by rain in two hours time. Is that asking too much??

Sadly this year....it is!!! Next year will rock!!! buckle up!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Arctic intrusions cancelled and the GFS finds spring out toward 2/10, except for the spring sun that stays obscured in the bottomless Pacific wave train. Euro what say you?

And Dr. No comes north and changes us to rain. Glad that's settled.

• Like 1

OMG. I have to wipe the tears out of my eyes from laughing so much. The point forecast for my house tonight is  literally a joke. No sunshine until Thursday. I edited it for your enjoyment too

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tonight
Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday
Increasing clouds, with a high near 46. West wind 10 to 15 mph.  (So it is just  cloudy enough for you in the LV yet so we will keep increasing the clouds until it is?)
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. South wind around 5 mph.
Sunday
A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. (Yep it is true, snow is not allow to accumulate for longer then 8 hours in the LV before melting away)
Sunday Night
A slight chance of showers before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday
A chance of snow showers, mixing with rain after 10am, then gradually ending. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%. 
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.  (whoopee -- ice  to deal with on my car  as the melted snow freezes- my favorite)
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 33. (Hot dam-- what the hell is that yellow ball in the sky that I see today?) 
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 33. (Finally all day sunshine but no again snow on the ground and now it  is below freezing for a high -- typical screw job)
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

:lol:A19F6369-0496-4131-A305-AE621393BD11.png.fe18fcea8ea10765de619effba0accf2.thumb.png.18df6723bfab172921255378e6eb5039.png

Imma head out. See you guys in March.

This is not only bad- it is just outright disgusting. One run for the records.

The LR thermals indicate us back into the 60's after the end of next week. This year will be aka  "The little winter season engine that could"  https://www.prindleinstitute.org/books/the-little-engine-that-could/